Sign in to follow this  
wawa049

Who can I contact about CC entry tickets - unable to resell, transfer, change delivery, etc.

Hi -

I have 4 tix to June 28 East Rutherford....2 GA, and 2 seats ( because system was so screwy on resale day this is what I ended up with.)  My "friend" who was supposed to take the seats went and got 2 better seats thru the Lumineers pre-sale...not a big deal I thought because although my CC entry tickets said they were non-transferrable....they didn't say I couldn't sell them.  And there is a "sell" button on my order.  So two days ago I went to sell them - only to find out I can't sell CC entry tickets.

I've tried everything with Ticketmaster - requesting a refund, change of delivery, being able to sell them....they said NO.  And the most recent representative cited specifically its the FAN CLUB tickets that cannot be resold and are CC entry.  Soooooooo - my question is....who can I complain to - to make my voice heard?  Is there a way to write the Fan Club?  It is so absolutely ridiculous to have this credit card entry....I mean if something so simple as many of us "longtime" fans are in our 40s or 50s and if something comes up (i.e. the babysitter cancels) you can't just give them to a friend who is DYING to go.  

Any ideas?  Or maybe someone at MetLife Stadium?  TicketMaster keeps saying "the venue won't let them."  Any advice?

Thanks!

The FAQs for memberships/presales state:

Q-If I purchase a ticket but wish to resell or transfer to another person, may I do so?

A- For North America, tickets purchased during the presale are non-transferable. If you bought tickets for the group, you must enter as a group.

Many venues offered ticket insurance at the time of purchase to cover issues that may come up.

You may call U2.com customer service, but will most likely be told the same thing.

This has been an ongoing problem ever since TicketMaster got into the ticket scalping business.  They don't want you selling your tickets because they don't want the competition.  And don't even get me started on how the fan club members didn't get great seats.  Those released were not good at all.  The tickets I was offered for the Miami show on the first day of the presale (within 1 minute of the start) were lower level...almost $ 300 each....and 70 yards from the stage near the far corner of the stadium.  I rejected them 3 times and kept getting offered crap seats.  The 4th time was the charm maybe 5 minutes later and I ended up getting decent seats.  RZ was sold out for the first Rose bowl show within 15 seconds.  I was going to fly from Miami to LA if I got RZ seats as a treat for my wife. I didn't fare any better for the second LA show.   I didn't get RZ so I just saved the code in case they end up doing another show in Miami.  Yeah I know,,,1st world problems.  Still it's irritating.

I was going to fly from Miami to LA if I got RZ seats as a treat for my wife. I didn't fare any better for the second LA show.   I didn't get RZ so I just saved the code in case they end up doing another show in Miami.  Yeah I know,,,1st world problems.  Still it's irritating.

Did you try to get RZ in another cities? I couldn't get RZ during wires pre-sale but was lucky at general sales. Even if I have to go now from SFO to SEA. Try 2nd LA show during general sales on Monday.

This has been an ongoing problem ever since TicketMaster got into the ticket scalping business.  They don't want you selling your tickets because they don't want the competition.

Ticketmaster makes a percentage on every ticket that is resold on their site. A free-for-all only helps them...

The policy has changed from the time of the presale to now.  I used to have the Sell option displayed, and now I don't.  I got $100 seats in the presale that were pretty close to the $35 seats at the back of the stadium, hardly the 'best available' in that section.  I managed to get better ones later, and now cannot unload the first pair.

TM's site says if you see Sell displayed, you can sell the tickets on TM's site.  But they've changed that between the end of the Wires presale and today.

Weird.  I just checked on some Cleveland GAs I have, and the "sell" button still shows (I have no idea if it works; it didn't when I experimentally tried it before the general onsale just to see if it was really possible at that time).  So it makes no sense that your "sell" button for seats disappeared, and my "sell" button for GA is still showing up.  Oh, and on another thread, someone relayed that TM told them that after ticket audits are complete, we'll be able to transfer tickets (?!?).  If so, that would obviously be very helpful.  Needless to say, one super-aggravating thing about all this is the incomplete/contradictory TM info.

One would imagine (?) that if selling (and/or transferring?) were really going to be just plain not allowed, the "sell" buttons should never show up at all.  But hey, that assumes that TM actually behaves consistently and logically, which they often don't.  So we'll see....

Edited by mike7man

Is anyone from zootopia going to reply to these posts?  This is extremely frustrating !!  I have been caught in a similar situation to jvd and am going to the Santa Clara gig next week.  

1 hour ago, Pfeely said:

Is anyone from zootopia going to reply to these posts?  This is extremely frustrating !!  I have been caught in a similar situation to jvd and am going to the Santa Clara gig next week.  

It's not something we can solve, I'm afraid... you will need to contact Ticketmaster for that...

I have the same issue and you can't give them back to Ticketmaster to resell. You can't sell through Craigslist or risk losing your other tickets. Ticketmaster can't allow you to sell them per U2's desire. So unless the band/ management changes that the fans have to eat it when problems come up. I wish there was a venue to handle issues like this.