Buy Red Zone or see three shows?

DANSCU

• Subscriber

I'm new to these forums.  Just wanted to find out the general concensus, based on the relative high price of the Red Zone tickets to GA tickets (approx 3x the price), would people think its preferable to see three different shows (perhaps in different cities) rather than just the one show in the Red Zone?

I appreciate some people can't get the time off to see three shows, but assuming you could then which would you choose?

• Subscriber

My Red Zone experience in Denver 2015 was priceless and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  We were against the rail literally in front of Adam on the main stage (in RZ) and 4 people back from the smaller stage (in GA).  There was plenty of room to move about freely and dance, jump around, and even run around (in both RZ and GA) which just added to our feeling of joy.  Being so close to the band was amazing, as we could see every expression they made, etc, which made the entire experience very intimate.  I wouldn't trade that one experience for 3 shows in worse seats.  

Having said that, though, I've never had the luxury of traveling to 3 shows on the same tour.  How lucky is that!!??

I imagine there must be another sort of priceless experience that goes with that -- the anticipation, the chance to see them THREE TIMES, the different experiences in different cities.  

Still, I wouldn't trade my RZ experience, but that particular RZ experience may have been unique to that tour and to the venue.

Oh, I guess I haven't helped much here.  I think you can't go wrong either way!

• Subscriber

I would say it depends on what's of more value to you. Seeing multiple shows or one show where you'll be able to basically walk up at around doors open & get a fantastic GA spot without much waiting. I've done RED zone a few times. Personally I love it & have always had a fantastic time. I don't think there's a wrong choice here. I think you'd just need to decide what you want.

• Subscriber

I had RZ last tour and have RZ for Chicago Night 1 on this tour. It's fantastic... That said--- My answer to your question is -- Definitely go to 3 GA shows... One or two of those shows you should wait in line very early all day and get you a spot on the rail. Same at RZ except you just needed to work at it. But it will be a great experience. And since I am giving advice--- Another one of the shows you should hang out at the loading dock entrance and try to meet the band on their way in... For at least one of the shows hang back/roam around as the band moves around... The show gives a very different perspective further back where you can take it all in. It's beautiful really to be able to see it all- just as beautiful as seeing the boys up close and personal... ENJOY!  PS-- Let me know if you need me to take any GA's or RZ tix off your hands based on your decision... Cheers, George

• Subscriber

If it was a choice between the two, I'd pick multiple shows over one Red Zone show.

The Red Zone experience will get you fantastically close with very little effort - but if you get a regular GA ticket and show up early, you'll get virtually the same experience for less.  During the I&E tour, I had one Red Zone night and the rest were a combination of GA tickets and cheap seats.  The Red Zone was really fun, but I was pretty much just as close when I did regular GA.  And it turns out waiting in line in GA wasn't even that bad, or that necessary.  Most of the nights, I waited 6-12 hours in line before for a good spot.  On one of the nights, I wasn't feeling well, so I showed up just as the doors were opening instead of waiting all day - and I wound up exactly one person behind where I had been when I waited almost 12 hours.  So you don't even have to do GA for twelve hours to have a good spot.

Three shows are better than one.  If it's still an option for you, I pick multiple shows.

(The only wildcard might be with U2 supposed to play an entire album in sequence, there might be less variety between shows than there have been at other tours.  But that wouldn't be enough to discourage me from seeing more than one.)

• Subscriber

If you got a GA floor ticket for an arena show, especially one like I+E where they used the whole length of the arena, there would be some point at which you would be within 30 feet of all band members throughout the night... in a stadium, unless you're really into queuing up, RZ is the only way to know you will be close to the band/stage. I did both this time, so I will see them from RZ and get up close and do all that good stuff, without queuing early, and then 11 days later, I will see them GA also without queuing, but I am going into that without trying to get close to the stage/band and just taking in the whole experience...