Presale gets the worst seats in the house?

zutopian

• Subscriber

I purchased my 2nd night for Chicago yesterday, using my last presale code. Paid $302 for a section 104 seat, just to find out last night on the forums that 104 & 105 in the higher rows (which I have) are literally the worst seats at Soldier Field.  THIS IS A FREAKING DISGRACE IN THE HIGHEST REGARD! 

Ticketmaster basically told me I'm screwed, even though they have MUCH better seats available today, but unless I purchase another U2 fan membership, cannot access that seat because my code is all used up. I'm beginning to think this presale thing is just a scam.  I've been a member for nearly 20 years, don't mind paying a premium, but a $40 difference between RZ and the WORST SEATS is ridiculous!

• Subscriber

Did you not verify where the seats were on the venue map before you bought them?? .... it is clear where those seats are located in relation to the stage.

The seating chart indicates that the tickets in 104 and 105 are all in a premium location, but the seating chart makes no indication that there is a potentially obstructing overhang.  You only find that out after the fact once you start to do some research.  There is no mention of an overhang when all you have is this to take at face value.  

74984s.gif