The Trump era begins

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

They say liberalism is a mental disorder and you Voice from DC are displaying it loud and clear for the world to see. YOU are the hater you make Trump voters out to be. You're nothing but a bastion of negative disinformation and should be thrown off this site. No wonder there's barely a soul posting anything on this site anymore. FYI The vote for Trump was a vote against people just like you.

Yeah. So, Bob, let's just go ahead and unpack that a little bit why don't we.

I am not a liberal. I don't even have a political ideology. I am completely apolitical i'm actually known around DC for being so. I've had a very hard time fitting into DC over the last 15 y ears for exactly this reason – – because I have no political ideology, and the town is filled with increasingly radical sorts on both sides. I prefer intellectuals to ideologues, and consider that a mark of superiority.

however, during those 15 years, I spent half of that, if not more, kicking around intelligence circles. So I know what the threats are that are arrayed against this country. Furthermore, I know exactly how terrified the intelligence community is because the number of threats facing the country is unprecedented and they simply cannot keep up. The Trumper's actually tried to recruit me into their ranks with offer of a full ride scholarship to a PhD in intelligence studies. Something I've wanted since I arrived in the city. But I will not help them.

What you most likely don't understand, and what is so tragic, is that whatever the serious threats were that were facing the country before Trump's election, they are three times in number now. They are three times more intense now. And, the country has lost the goodwill of tens of millions of its own citizens, and earned the ire of billions of people overseas. America cannot prevail against this. It simply cannot. All it can do is reach for a Pyrrihc victory, which I do not doubt these nut jobs are crazy enough to pull down on everyone's head. I was a professional defender of the United States. Now I am actively seeking a way out of this country. So you certainly don't have to worry about me. And I definitely will no longer be worrying about you.

Edited by voicefromdc
Posted · Hidden by mich40, January 25, 2017 - Duplicate post
Hidden by mich40, January 25, 2017 - Duplicate post

yes, so I'm trying to type on my tiny phone and made tons of errors. I went back and edited the above post because a few of those errors definitely changed the meaning into something I did not intend.

• Community Moderator

They say liberalism is a mental disorder and you Voice from DC are displaying it loud and clear for the world to see. YOU are the hater you make Trump voters out to be. You're nothing but a bastion of negative disinformation and should be thrown off this site. No wonder there's barely a soul posting anything on this site anymore. FYI The vote for Trump was a vote against people just like you.

Please refrain from making personal attacks on other members. Everyone has the right to post, as long as the posts are within the limits of the Terms of Service.

Thank you John Brewer, That was very nice of you.

I read your note and signed off :-)

I cannot think of this horror anymore right now anyway. I have to move and find a job (else I will be unable to hear the JT tour!) and, mostly, i need to protect my psyche from the filth that has swept across the land, and, yes, my heart too, which I think would be incapable of surviving another heart break.

Best wishes!

Edited by voicefromdc