Sign in to follow this  
JCF

Late arrival GA in stadium vs. lower level seat

Hi all- 

Anyone who has done GA in a stadium before and arrived close to show time- is it worth it, in terms of being able to see the band, or do you just feel so far away?  I am going for a ticket for NYC2 today but I won't be able to get there early and wait in line for GA.  So I am trying to decide between a cheap GA ticket and just being somewhere in the crowd, vs. springing for a good lower level seat.  Both of these options being dependent on luck, of course!  Would appreciate any thoughts on being in the "back" part of GA in a stadium. I've only ever done GA where I wait and get a good spot up close.

Thanks!

Hi all- 

Anyone who has done GA in a stadium before and arrived close to show time- is it worth it, in terms of being able to see the band, or do you just feel so far away?  I am going for a ticket for NYC2 today but I won't be able to get there early and wait in line for GA.  So I am trying to decide between a cheap GA ticket and just being somewhere in the crowd, vs. springing for a good lower level seat.  Both of these options being dependent on luck, of course!  Would appreciate any thoughts on being in the "back" part of GA in a stadium. I've only ever done GA where I wait and get a good spot up close.

Thanks!

I can't answer for a stadium per se, but my friend and I had back to back GA tickets for the MSG 3 & 4 on the ieTour and we did the full day line sitting the first show and then showed up right before they let in the 2nd night and we were 4-5 deep from the rail, so I think you would be ok.

Have had GA for both stadiums and arenas - GA for IE tour was different in that floor held a small number of people as compared to what the  Stadium tour will be  and the IE tour stage was across the entire floor. Always easy to find a close place to stand. However in the Stadium, if you don't line up and get there early you will not be close. I arrived late to stadium shows and stood about halfway back on the floor (mix stand) easily and moved around alot. The stage is high and the you can see the screens. The difference for me is the vibe on the floor. So much better. Had seats about 15 rows up perfect view close to stage in Dublin in 2009 and it felt like I was a million miles away - and I wasn't! After doing GA pretty much there is no going back - even if you arrive late!

Boston was great because we got there early in line, got our numbers/wristbands, and re-assembled the line around 4 or 5.  I wish every venue (DALLAS) would do this.

Stadiums are huge.  You'll be able to arrive pretty late and still end up closer to the band in GA than in virtually any seat in the house.  This is because GA folks will be spread out all over the (long) rails and behind them, and because even the closest seats in stadiums are pretty far from the stage (much further than in arenas). 

Edited by mike7man

Thanks all - that was helpful. Too bad I couldn't get a GA ticket on the public sale today!!  I have a seat. I totally agree, being in a seat vs. being in the GA crowd is such a downer after doing GA and RZ for a bunch of my last shows. But at least I'll be there.  

closer and cheaper.  Got to STL last tour right before it started, could move around, was great.  Love GA, won't ever do a vanilla upper.  Say $150 plus fees v 70 for floor.  So half the money and closer.  Win win GA.