How many of you were at the original Joshua Tree tour?

• Subscriber

I'm so excited to see this tour once again! I hope all of you are as well. I'm also hoping the excitement from this tour launches the new album with hints of what we can expect.
this was a concert I took my brother to years ago and he intantly became a lifelong fan!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oct. 20 University of Iowa, Iowa City Bought a recordable cassette player and made a "bootleg" of show. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a recording of myself and my friends singing every song wit

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Saw them in Rotterdam (twice) and Cork. Getting tickets for the Dutch gigs was really hard, we queued for a night in the centre of Amsterdam and hours of pushing and shoving later I managed to get some louse tickets for the first night. Luckily the guy told me that a second night was added, so I went out and back in line to get some GA's for the second night! 

Right after these nights we went on holiday in Ireland and I discovered that U2 was going to play Cork, was it added? Can't remember. But I do know that we were thinking that the gig was sold out and were really frustrated about that. And then we passed this store in O'Connell street and saw this sign on the window that U2 tickets were still on sale!  

• Subscriber

SECC Glasgow 29th July

SECC Glasgow 30th July

Murrayfield Stadium 1st August

Oh what I would give to do that all again - good times indeed.

Very similar to me!

I did 1 night at SECC plus Murrayfield- my 1st ever gigs, not just of U2 but any band.  In theory 1st band I ever saw live were Hue and Cry as they were the support.

I remember me and my mates going out of school at lunchtime and going to Virgin Records in Princes Street to get the tickets for the Murrayfield gig.  Then I couldn't make that day as I was working so sold my ticket but then someone who I worked with had a ticket and didn't want and agreed to cover my shift so I bought ticket off them and went!  Great day too with cracking supporting line up of Love & Money, Runrig, Mission and Pogues.