How many of you were at the original Joshua Tree tour?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oct. 20 University of Iowa, Iowa City Bought a recordable cassette player and made a "bootleg" of show. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a recording of myself and my friends singing every song wit

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I was 17 and saw U2 at Birmingham NEC, only cost me £9 face value! Still got my original JT tour T shirt and will wearing it with pride 30 years later at Twikenham which will make it my 10th U2 gig!! Respect to the many fans I've met who passed that milestone many times over. Gonna be special folks!

More to the point respect to any fan who can still fit into their shirt from 30 years ago :-)

and even more to the point it survived a mothers ironing(or lack of ) technique!!!

I saw the band play the Rosemont Horizon in Rosemont, IL. What was really cool about this night isn't the obvious. The cool thing was me sitting outside the arena and watching a taxi cab drive by. Whose in the back seat? Larry and The Edge. I was like holy sh**, how cool is this? The show that followed was great, but I'll never forgot the beginning of the night!!!

• Subscriber

I saw the original tour at Croke Park, Cork and Wembley Stadium.  Having experienced U2 in tiny venues from the start, it was amazing to see how huge crowds, many of whom had never seen the band live, reacted to the performances.  It made me especially proud of them and how far they had come by then.  Really looking forward to this tour.  

• Subscriber

Saw them for the first Denver show on Nov 7, 1987.  This show was filmed for Rattle & Hum as well, but I was bummed to see that apparently they used the Nov 8 show for the album and movie.  I remember buying a ticket from a friend of a friend for a whole $50 and I couldn't convince anyone else to get his other ticket.  So I went alone and had an empty seat next to me.