Sign in to follow this  
YvesGerber

Credit Card Entry

I have RZ and had to switch my cc number by calling TM, and they provided me with the info I needed to send them to verify everything. A few days after emailing them a rep called me back stating that since my tix are will call (they're not) and not CC entry (they are) I don't need my credit card for entry. He was clearly misinformed by bis supervisor and I had to go through the whole thing about RZ, CC entry, etc and he was trying to convince me that I was wrong. After going back and forth for awhile I told him to just switch it over for my peace of mind. I guess it depends on the rep you speak to, but don't let them convince you otherwise if they tell you that you don't need to switch your cc#.

Presale tickets for KC Arrowhead stadium start on Thursday June 8. I joined the fan club because I am a fan and wanted the presale option. Today I figured I would search the internet to see the position of the stage and much to my surprise not only did I find it but also found that Vivid and StubHub are already selling the best seats for $150 to $2000. The tickets will now be further back than I planned or go through the scalpers. Also, if I don't get in on Thursday I have to compete with the county where the stadium is and Chiefs season ticket holders on Friday and Saturday. I really enjoyed what Springsteen did by holding tickets back and releasing them days before the concert. Scalper are the scum of the earth by keeping the people who cannot afford the good tickets out of the venues. I wish the bands would figure a way to cut the scalpers out especially since they are not joining the fan club or buying U2 Albums and Merchandise. I have bought every U2 album attended concerts when I could and purchased merchandise. I relize that people say what scalpers do is being entrepreneural but it rapes the true fans. Do American Express buyers have to show their card I doubt it, I never had to show my Amex (when I had one) when entering a venue with presale tickets through TicketMaster. U2 could learn from Ed Sheehan who dumped scalpers tickets and reissuing tickets to the real fans.  U2 should have held these tickets out for fan club members, ya THINK!!!!???????

Edited by tl_mash

I am still confused as to whether I can "swipe in' my friends, showing my ID and CC that I used to buy the tickets, and then they go in without me. I don't have to enter with them in order for the tickets to be valid right? I've tried to read all I can about this topic and it's still not clear to me.

Also some people are saying you can mail your friend the credit card and they can use that to get in, but on TM they say you must show ID as well as CC. So unless I  mail my friend my ID as well, I don't see how giving someone your CC would work.