Sign in to follow this  
theladyA

Let's talk about the set list/ Set List [merged]

So had to Google the archives for my first U2 experience:

The Joshua Tree Tour 

10/6/1987

Cleveland Municipal Stadium.  

The setlist was as follows: Where The Streets Have No Name, I Will Follow, Trip Through Your Wires, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Exodus (snippet), Out Of Control, MLK, The Unforgettable Fire, Exit / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet), In God's Country, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Rain (snippet) / Help, Bad / Walk On The Wild Side (snippet), October, New Year's Day, Pride (In The Name Of Love), 

encores: Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, With Or Without You, 40 / I Can See Clearly Now (snippet)

LET'S PREDICT THE SETLISTS FOR JT 2017!!

The LadyA Predicts:

City of Blinding Lights
Until the End of the World
Moment of Surrender
I Will Follow
Please
Even Better Than the Real Thing (persona as Trump)
Part II (persona as Trump)
Desire (persona as Trump)
Numb
Heartland
Acrobat
Beautiful Day

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With or Without You
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still 
Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country
Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill
Exit
Mothers of the Disappeared

Encores:
Where the Streets Have no Name
MLK
Pride (In the Name of Love)
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Halleluah (leonard Cohen)
One

Edited by theladyA

That would be an epic set list! I like the idea of City being fist and the second half being strictly JT! Who knows what they have planned though. They are always full of surprises.I seriously wouldn't doubt a Trump persona though after their performance of Bullet. Bono Fired Trump!

I think they'll play every song but not necessarily in any order...probably dotted around the setlist and other songs.

I think the rest of the set will lean heavily on War, UF and maybe a few from R&H too as it will flow better with TJT stuff rather than the more recent material. (Though I'd still expect BD and maybe One etc)

Anything from Pop or Zooropa is highly unlikely I'd say.

I can't wait to hear EXIT and in Gods country. I hope they play some of the B-sides from Joshua Tree too!

Love that proposed set list!  Edge said they are planning to play the album in order but not open the entire show with Streets.

I would also love Window on the Skies, or Walk to the Water.  

That would be an epic set list! I like the idea of City being fist and the second half being strictly JT! Who knows what they have planned though. They are always full of surprises.I seriously wouldn't doubt a Trump persona though after their performance of Bullet. Bono Fired Trump!

Kristinlynnx, I was thinking an alter ego of Trump, a persona like he created MacPhisto and modeled the character after Ronald Reagan for ZooTV.  MacPhisto was a parody of the devil.  Those songs, Even Better Than the Real Thing, God Part II, and Desire come from a voice of someone morally questionable.  Thus, my hunch on that.  Also, he preformed at iHeart Desire and used Trump soundbites to express greed.  Just a thought....start with pointing out the complacency of popular culture, political climate, into JT which questioned the humanity of that at the time and resonates today, into the end or revolt/rebellion/strength of the masses into we are One.  40 was on my original guess as the last song a definite maybe.