Acrobat

allyson2008

• Subscriber

This might be common knowledge, but I don't know the answer... please don't rip me apart for not knowing!

What is it about Acrobat - why have they never played it live?

Personally, I don't find it difficult to sing. While I'm not a musician, the rest of the music seems very similar to "Until the End of the World."

Have they ever explained why they don't play it live? It's a great song, IMO.

• Subscriber

This might be common knowledge, but I don't know the answer... please don't rip me apart for not knowing!

What is it about Acrobat - why have they never played it live?

Personally, I don't find it difficult to sing. While I'm not a musician, the rest of the music seems very similar to "Until the End of the World."

Have they ever explained why they don't play it live? It's a great song, IMO.

I'm with you - I love the song and hope they will play it live someday.

They did come up with a live version of sorts during the warm-up shows/rehearsals for ZooTV - it was more a sampling of the song that, I think, was intended to be the introduction to the show. If you rewatch the intro to, say, the Live from Sydney DVD, the sampled/remixed 'Acrobat' seems to have been the prototype for what eventually became the intro we're all familiar with.

I bet at least the audio of Acrobat from these warm-up shows/rehearsals is available on YouTube somewhere...

• Subscriber

Simple really they have much better songs 

Actually, I was wondering if any of the band members have stated why they haven't played it live.

Yes, they have better songs. They also have songs I like much less that they play at almost every show. (I really dislike "Sweetest Thing" and "Beautiful Day." ...just my opinion.)

• Subscriber

http://www.u2gigs.com/show609.html

Acrobat was rehearsed in Hershey Pa in '92. 

I also wish "So Cruel" would have been performed. I was in Lakeland, FL during the Zoo TV rehearsals and they tried "So Cruel" a few times there as well but never live in concert. 

Yes - that was the rehearsal I remembered. Thank you for posting the link!

"So Cruel" is excellent - I hope that makes an appearance someday live too. :)

In fact, I'm kind of hoping they do a celebration of AB/ZooTV when that anniversary rolls around the same way they're doing one for JT now...

Archived