Fleet Street Hotel, the Morgan, Temple Bar Inn, or Eliza Lodge?

• Subscriber

Was hoping someone could weigh in on these lodging options for the weekend:

Fleet Street Hotel, The Morgan, Temple Bar Inn, or Eliza Lodge.

All are located pretty close together in the Temple Bar area.  Eliza is by far the most expensive, so unless it is significantly better than the others, we will probably choose one of the others, but I'm open to it if it is the best.  Fleet Street and Morgan include breakfast, but that's not a huge factor.  Temple Bar Inn looks very modern and new but the rooms look smaller.  But again, probably won't be doing anything there except sleeping, after arriving home quite late.  Reviews suggest these are all "noisy," but we've stayed often in New York and Chicago, and we live in a bigger city, so are not really bothered by that.  

Thanks in advance for any feedback!  See you all at the show!

• Community Moderator

My hubby and I stayed at the Temple Bar Inn in 1999. Unless they have gotten new windows, it really does take noisy to a new level, especially when the pubs are closing. We really could not sleep.

• Subscriber

I had very good experiences in the past with The Townhouse of Dublin in Lower Gardiner Street, but I heard it's no longer a bed and breakfast.

There still is for instance the Avondale Guesthouse Hotel in the same street near city centre. Apparently not too expensive, but probably completely booked by now for the end of July.

• Subscriber

Thanks for the info.  We booked the Morgan instead.  

We will be at the Morgan as well! Stayed there in 2015 for the 3 Arena shows - Super location! We had a room on an upper floor so noise was not a factor but then again it was practically winter. The bar turns into a dance club at night so It looked like it was really wild when we walked in late at night. Breakfast buffet included is nice and was a bonus. Great cocktail bar - Really Funky and Modern - Super clean and service was good back then - Hope it is again- Once again - you absolutely can't beat the location - Who is there to sleep anyway?