Getting to Gillette from Boston/Fan Meetups?

• Subscriber

Hi!

My dad, brother, wife, and I are "shipping up to boston" from Charlotte, NC from the show and are staying downtown (beside Faneuil hall). The plan is to take the train to foxborough unless we can find some sort of party bus/chartered bus to get on board. Anyone know of any? 

Also, where is the best place to find any meetups with fellow fans at any pubs/bars in Boston that weekend?

Thanks for any advice! 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Hall and Oates with Tears Fears is playing the TD Garden on Saturday 6/24, not far from Fanueil Hall.

Check the local clubs postings, there will likely be some U2 hook ups around downtown Boston.  

• Subscriber

It does not seem like the train always runs to Gillette. This is from the MBTA site: "The MBTA is pleased to provide roundtrip special event and special concert trains to requested concerts and events at Gillette Stadium. "   I wonder who requests the train for "requested concerts"?  I am coming from Hawaii & will be staying in Boston & will also need some way to get there & would like to meet up w/ others. :) 

• Subscriber

It does not seem like the train always runs to Gillette. This is from the MBTA site: "The MBTA is pleased to provide roundtrip special event and special concert trains to requested concerts and events at Gillette Stadium. "   I wonder who requests the train for "requested concerts"?  I am coming from Hawaii & will be staying in Boston & will also need some way to get there & would like to meet up w/ others. :) 

I talked to a MBTA rep yesterday and he said that there still is not a train running from Boston to Gillette. They said it could be announced closer to the show. If that doesn't happen, I've looked at the site rallybus.com. 

• Subscriber

Unless by some miracle, they make the train accessible, Were doin Rallybus also...I think its like 50 bucks or something, ya cant beat it since it'd be at least 40 to park your car @ Gillette.  I did Rallybus one other time down in Miami bc the stadium was far out from South Beach..Worked out fine. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I was hoping the train would run.  You can take a train to Mansfield and Uber to the show.  The worst part of Foxboro is getting out of there.  3 /12 hours after the 360 show.  Didn't get home to NH until 4:00am. 

Archived