GA Line for Dallas Show

romanorton

• Subscriber

Thank you jwaldrop for posting!  See y'all early Friday morning in Arlington.  So excited!

4 hours ago, jwaldrop said:

Got an email back from AT&T Stadium:

Q: What will the GA procedure be for the U2 concert?

A: "We will allow people to get a number in line starting at 6:00 am the morning of the concert at the end of our West Plaza.  People can come and line up at 2:00 pm and their number in line will be held until 4:30 pm.  The stadium opens at 5:00 pm"

Q: Where will the GA line begin?

A: "The end of our West Plaza along North Collins"

I am so pumped that we can leave and re-convene.  See y'all at 6 am!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, jwaldrop said:

Great question. I think it depends on who's running the line.  Most likely it is no, the whole group needs to be there.

Agreed - that has been my experience in the past as well.  In fact, in one of those cases, I was the friend that showed up late.  I got my number as soon as I could in the afternoon (after my friends had received their numbers earlier that day).  We hung out in the line all day until it was time to line up in order.  Luckily, I was able to make my way to them and it all worked out in the end...this only worked I think because we were in the ellipse.  If it was along the rail, I think that would have been more difficult (those spaces are precious!). :) 

• Subscriber

So, this official from ATT?  We attended show in Denver and line was fan staffed. We got good numbers, but that didn't stop others without numbers getting in front of us. Would be great if it were official. Counting down. 

• Subscriber

1st Time EVER in GA for a U2 show...

I've gone to many concerts in GA, even at Cowboys Stadium.  I have never seen where they hand out numbers to those in line.  But, I like the idea.  I was planning on going to stadium about noon on Friday.  I guess I'll have to change that.  Hopefully I'll meet some nice people in "the line" (as I'm learning it's called) In my experience, GA lines can get pretty rambunctious with rude people.  Hopefully this will not be the case. :)

• Subscriber

These pics are from the IE tour in Boston.  These were our numbers in line (My boy and I).  The second pic isn't good but you can see two wristbands.  One was the official 'get on the floor' wristband from U2. The other was our number in line wristband that the TD Garden issued.  It was all very efficient.   

Reading the Vancouver threads, the GA lines are already forming.  They are having mulitple check ins, allowing people to come and go many times.  Very cool.

u2 1.jpg

u2 2.jpg

• Subscriber

Phoenix2 for I&E was very similar jwaldrop.  I remember Vancouver GA line starting a few days before the show last tour.   I'm hoping more information from the stadium and/or fans will be released as the show date draws closer.  I'm getting way too excited and there's still two weeks left for us! :)  

• Subscriber
On 5/9/2017 at 10:10 AM, jwaldrop said:

Got an email back from AT&T Stadium:

Q: What will the GA procedure be for the U2 concert?

A: "We will allow people to get a number in line starting at 6:00 am the morning of the concert at the end of our West Plaza.  People can come and line up at 2:00 pm and their number in line will be held until 4:30 pm.  The stadium opens at 5:00 pm"

Q: Where will the GA line begin?

A: "The end of our West Plaza along North Collins"

I am so pumped that we can leave and re-convene.  See y'all at 6 am!

I'm driving in from Houston on the Thurs following the Houston show and was concerned about the line process, as well. 

So, they are saying come at 6am and line up at 2pm or line up the whole time? I remember the process in Boston last tour and I loved it! If it's like that, that would be perfect. I would love not to sit in the TX sun two days in a row. Wonder what the NRG plans on doing? I should ask.

I hope to make some GA line friends. Going at it alone for 3 shows.