• Subscriber

Just spent almost 10 minutes on the phone trying to get through to someone at Cowboy Stadium regarding GA line/wristbands/numbers etc for lining up.  I wasn't able to get a hold of anyone but one guy that I got to by pressing "3" for concert information.  He told me that he works in the Cowboys Season Ticket Sales and doesn't know anything about concerts, but "being quite honest, I don't know anyone that you could talk to that would give you that specific of information"

So, I think I'm just going to play it by "ear" and see what happens.  I will get to stadium sometime Friday afternoon and go from there.  Depending on the line length, I may leave and just go back in at doors open time and stand in the back.  The screen behind the band looks AMAZING from the pictures I've seen so far.  I just really wanted to be semi-close to the stage for my first time in GA.  I am OK if that does not happen this time.  :/

Edited by KalenOKU2Fan
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Looking forward to the Dallas show!! Three of us are driving up from Austin and a fourth friend flying into Dallas from Denver. Girls night! I doubt we'll be able to be there early enough to get in line by 6am, but based on what I've seen from the opening shows, the screen is so big even if we're further back we should be able to see a lot. I saw them in Chicago in 2016 and we had a friend that wanted to go at the last minute and we were able to walk right up and buy a tix and we still got in about 2 ppl deep from the stage. Always an adventure!

• Subscriber

What is everyone planning to do about parking? I doubt local businesses will allow parking, even those that open their lots after typical business hours for events (like concerts & Rangers games). So -- carpooling? Shared Uber from a common drop location?  Suggestions?

After seeing them twice GA-style on the 360° Tour, I'm bringing my teenage son for this one. It will be his first big-time rock show, so we're both super excited & want to get close to the rail or the walkway. We were planing on showing up around noon, but sounds like earlier is better, at least to get line-position numbers?

Also interested in a fan meetup, if that materializes.  Will keep an eye on the message boards.

Just over 1 week away --- can't wait!!!!

• Subscriber

Where is everyone meeting up before and after the show in Arlington, TX? 

I would love to meet, chat, and hang out with fellow U2 fans! I Plan on being there in the AM!

• Subscriber

Parking is $45 on Ticketmaster.  There are a couple places that did meet ups in 2009.  One is called Sherlocks, location in the Lincoln Square shopping area just north of the stadium.  The other was J.Gilligans, located in downtown.  Gilligans offers a shuttle too.   I'm not sure if there is anything official yet.   We plan on getting our spot early too.  Probably will spend the $ on parking at the stadium.   Will probably leave to rest/eat and check in at the 2-4:30 slot they are saying.   I'm fortunate to live 10 minutes away.

• Subscriber
u2_584x163.jpg
U2: The Joshua Tree Tour
Friday, May 26, 2017
AT&T Stadium
We are excited to have you at AT&T Stadium for U2: The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 on Friday, May 26th. In preparation of the event, we recommend pre-purchasing your parking pass. By pre-purchasing your parking, you guarantee a space in an AT&T Stadium parking lot and can plan your route to the stadium accordingly.

To purchase your parking pass, 
click here.
Important Traffic Information
  • ARRIVE EARLY to avoid traffic and congestion in the Arlington area.

• The I-30 TEXpress Lane is open and available for use. Look for the left lane exit for the "Express Lane" as you pass the Highway 360 exit on I-30 westbound from Dallas and East.

• The I-30 managed lane from Dallas is open and available for westbound and eastbound traffic. Tolls apply; look for access from the main lanes.

• Due to the I-30/Highway 360 interchange construction project, you will begin to notice changes. Below are two current impacts of this project affecting outbound traffic.
    • TxDOT has modified the access to the TEXpress ramp serving the AT&T Way/Baird Farm bridge. For outbound traffic, this modification will slow outbound traffic traveling or using the AT&T Way bridge or the Collins Avenue ramp to eastbound I-30.
    • Lamar Avenue will be reduced to one lane eastbound to Highway 360 and may be congested. We suggest using Brown Blvd. or Green Oaks Blvd. as an alternative.

• Abram Street is under construction between Collins Street and Highway 360. This will affect out-bound traffic on Collins Street South to Abram Street from Lots 11, 12, 13 and 14. As an alternative, we suggest using Collins Street South to Park Row; Turn left on Park Row to Highway 360 or further east to George Bush Toll Highway (Highway 161).

• Below are two suggested routes to use for arrival. These alternative routes will allow you to avoid the heavily congested Collins Street, Ballpark Way and AT&T Way exits off of I-30.

• I-30 Westbound Preferred Route: Take I-30 Westbound to SH 161; Take SH 161 Southbound to Main Street/Division Street exit; Turn Right on Main Street/Division Street; Turn Right on AT&T Way to Silver Lots or Turn Right on Collins Street to Blue Lots.
20161117_atts_i30wbmap.jpg
    • I-30 Eastbound Preferred Route: Take I-30 Eastbound to Center Street (Exit 27B); Keep Right on ramp towards Center Street; Turn Right on Center Street; Turn Left on Randol Mill Road to Blue Lots or Turn Left on Division Street and Left on AT&T Way to Silver Lots.
20161117_atts_2_i30ebmap.jpg
  • We recommend that you use www.dallascowboysmaps.com for your travels to AT&T Stadium. This will provide you the best route from your point of origin to your pre-purchased or selected cash parking lot. 

We look forward to seeing you at AT&T Stadium!

You are receiving this message because this email is associated with a ticket purchase.
Click here if you do not wish to receive these messages from AT&T Stadium in the future.
  • Subscriber

Thanks for the great info jwaldrop!!  Hopefully this information will make for a fun night night (before and after the show)!  I haven't heard of any meet up's yet...but, I'll definitely keep my eyes/ears open and post here if I see anything.  

1 week till showtime!!!  

• Subscriber

Does anyone know if an official GA line will form prior to the 6am line up on Friday?  I'm just trying to figure out how early I need to get there.  I'll be flying in from Salt Lake City.  

What time is everyone showing up for GA line?  

Edited by Tony7