• Subscriber

Ballads, every great rock band has one that lives on.  It is safe to say our favorite lads from Dublin have much more than that.  For me, With Or Without You—both the song and video are what a ballad is supposed to sound like and look like.  One of the most atmospheric songs/videos ever.  Incredible.

I wrote a short piece about this awesome song.  If you have time and interest, please check it out.  I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

Hey everyone, I’ve been re-watching all of the music videos from The Joshua Tree and remember how truly great they were.  For me With or Without You was one of the coolest videos that they ever made.  What do you think?  I wrote a little post about it.  Thanks!

https://achtungninja.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/with-or-without-you-a-troubled-love-song-a-big-hit/

• Subscriber

It's a great track. It's an original track. The guitar, and how it came about is so brilliantly explained by Daniel Lanois. I really don't appreciate the 'hit' U2 tunes as much as I should, and certainly didn't / don't see this one as one of my top 20 U2 tracks.

Live however - it's staple....it so exists.

I've followed the band for some time now....no biggie...this clip in my home turf reminded me on the last tour just how timeless this track is. To get a 'shine like the stars' moment also - that was kinda like a U2 blessing.

An 'I was there' moment.

• Subscriber

It's a great track. It's an original track. The guitar, and how it came about is so brilliantly explained by Daniel Lanois. I really don't appreciate the 'hit' U2 tunes as much as I should, and certainly didn't / don't see this one as one of my top 20 U2 tracks.

Live however - it's staple....it so exists.

I've followed the band for some time now....no biggie...this clip in my home turf reminded me on the last tour just how timeless this track is. To get a 'shine like the stars' moment also - that was kinda like a U2 blessing.

An 'I was there' moment.

These are one of the songs that I never get tired of hearing.  I know there are many out there who are, but there's a special place in my heart for this song.  

I've followed the band for a long time, too.  It's amazing to think I've been a fan for 30 years.  

If this was your recording, awesome dude.