Thanks a lot (again) U2 and Ticketmaster

notlikethis1

• Subscriber

Just got an email from Ticketmaster today specifically saying my tickets could be resold through their site, and in my Ticketmaster account it clearly states I was a part of the pre-sale and then has a button for me to sell or transfer my tickets...but guess what, when I tried to sell, it said my ticket type was inelligible to resell because it was bought through the fan club.

As of now I'm no longer wasting my $50 dollars on membership. I used to be on here more than 10 years ago when it was an very active forum for fans, but it no longer is...and now that we're essentially being punished for purchasing tickets through the fansite (we didn't get any better seat choices than the regular joe on the street, the prices were ridiculous for terrible seats ($175 each plus fees for 400 level seating in AT&T stadium in Dallas, which is the nosebleeds in the nosebleeds) and we can't sell/exchange tickets), there is no reason to spend the money on the membership. I did actually get my "prize" this time around, the screenprints, but there have been plenty of years in the past where I never recieved my goodies and the whole thing was a complete disorganized mess...

So, I'm done. I love U2, always have, always will, but this fan club membership is a scam that I played along with far too long...this was the last straw.

• Subscriber

Such angst 5 posts in. Y'know what? I got shit seats too at Croker, but my fault. Although these days, if I'm sittin' at the back suckin' on deisel - well, I'm there, aren't I? Nothing beats being there. Getting tickets just makes me feel great, selling them is nothing I've ever contemplated in 30 years of watching U2.