[SPOILER] Rehearsal songs...

iinsure

• Subscriber

SORRY TO BE A DOWNER!

Have been tracking the rehearsals in Vancouver, sad to say, but finding the set-list a bit disappointing (apart from Sort of Homecoming!)

If they really plan on playing 20 songs the show will be a maximum of 2 hours. If I compare that to Springsteen at Wembley Stadium in June last year, he played 33 songs (and as always with him, played for well over three hours!). I am hoping they still rehearse Bad, Unforgettable Fire, couple of much earlier tracks and HEARTLAND (but, know that will never happen) - I also realise having support acts will reduce the amount of time they can play.

This is what they played most recently in Vancouver and appears to be the set-list for the opening night.

1.       Sunday Bloody Sunday

2.       New Year's Day

3.       A Sort Of Homecoming

4.       MLK

5.       Pride

6.       Where The Streets Have No Name

7.       I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

8.       With Or Without You

9.       Bullet The Blue Sky

10.   Running To Stand Still

11.   Red Hill Mining Town

12.   In God's Country

13.   Trip Through Your Wires

14.   One Tree Hill

15.   Exit

16.   Mothers Of The Disappeared

17.   Beautiful Day

18.   Ultraviolet

19.   One

20.   Miss Sarajevo

I would be interested to know if I am just being grumpy or if anyone feels the same?

Will be in London for both nights and Dublin Pitch 2! – ignoring the above, still obviously very excited for the tour!!!!!!!!!

• Subscriber

Sure its a lot of repeats and not many surprises but still a killer collection of songs at the very minimum.  I can't wait!

I do have to say I'm surprised about Miss Sarajevo.  Great song and Bono kills it but I'd like to have heard something different this time around.

• Subscriber

I still think there will be a number of other songs played, perhaps on "the tree".

Desire, When love comes to town, Every Breaking wave, etc were played on their on I+E.

Plus you never know they pull out a B side..

I can't see them showing their hand totally at rehearsals ??

• Subscriber

I'm sure there will be another 5 songs added, give or take...    Most I+E shows were about 25/26 songs....

But amazing that of the 20 current songs, only 4 of them are post-1980's.

I figured the non-Joshua Tree portion of the show would have been more Achtung and beyond for some balance.

(Doesn't Joshua Tree cover enough 80's ground?   SBS, NYD, MLK, ASOH, and Pride on top of Joshua Tree... i dunno... too much?)

• Subscriber

I'm surprised some of the warhorses (Vertigo, Mysterious Ways, I Will Follow etc.) haven't been heard. To be fair, the album is taking up the biggest chunk of set time so I probably shouldn't be. That said, they've rehearsed a new song at least once (rumoured to be The Little Things Give You Away, one of the songs they mentioned in an interview or two a while back) so we'll have that to look forward to.

• Subscriber
On 09/05/2017 at 1:28 PM, adamezro said:

SORRY TO BE A DOWNER!

Have been tracking the rehearsals in Vancouver, sad to say, but finding the set-list a bit disappointing (apart from Sort of Homecoming!)

If they really plan on playing 20 songs the show will be a maximum of 2 hours. If I compare that to Springsteen at Wembley Stadium in June last year, he played 33 songs (and as always with him, played for well over three hours!). I am hoping they still rehearse Bad, Unforgettable Fire, couple of much earlier tracks and HEARTLAND (but, know that will never happen) - I also realise having support acts will reduce the amount of time they can play.

This is what they played most recently in Vancouver and appears to be the set-list for the opening night.

1.       Sunday Bloody Sunday

2.       New Year's Day

3.       A Sort Of Homecoming

4.       MLK

5.       Pride

6.       Where The Streets Have No Name

7.       I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

8.       With Or Without You

9.       Bullet The Blue Sky

10.   Running To Stand Still

11.   Red Hill Mining Town

12.   In God's Country

13.   Trip Through Your Wires

14.   One Tree Hill

15.   Exit

16.   Mothers Of The Disappeared

17.   Beautiful Day

18.   Ultraviolet

19.   One

20.   Miss Sarajevo

I would be interested to know if I am just being grumpy or if anyone feels the same?

Will be in London for both nights and Dublin Pitch 2! – ignoring the above, still obviously very excited for the tour!!!!!!!!!

I guess the one thing we all know is that even if this is the set list it will be an amazing evening. I'm going especially to hear the Joshua Tree album tracks and anything else would be a bonus.

Saying that I am a little disappointed as SBS needs to be rested IMHO. I would have thought some of the tracks from RAH as wells TJT B Sides would be really great on this tour. It would seem to be an opportunity missed not to air some of these tracks.

Maybe they will have another few tracks up their sleeves they will introduce each evening especially as Edge not so long ago was talking about Drowning Man...and Acrobat (but I'm less fussed about that one!).

Archived