Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

Vancouver Live Thread #U2TheJoshuaTree2017

Has anyone seen a good pic of the merch available with prices? Thanks!

2 hours ago, JMLU2 said:

The American people did use the strong power of its people. The American people said enough is enough. The American people have spoken.  It is what it is.  Instead of dividing us even more .... we should ALL try and unite together instead of dividing us even more.  That's what should be happening not spouting off about your own personal feeling  work together compromise.  A statue,  painting is not verbally telling me that I'm wrong for what I feel and it should be this way .  This is not the thread to continue this discussion so that's all I'm gonna say about it in this thread.  I just want to hear the music not your thoughts on your political view.  Just the music 

Please don't start with that. We all know who won the popular vote by over 3 MILLION.

One of the reasons I have loved U2 for over 30 years and that they have never been afraid to express their opinions or get involved in causes where people might have differing opinions.

That said, I was so excited reading about the show last night and cannot wait until next Saturday when I see them at the Rose Bowl. Thanks to everyone who shared pictures and videos! The Joshua Tree is a masterpiece. I thought so 30 years ago the first time I saw them live.

So great to see some familiar faces & new people. Just amazing the vibe & great show!!?

Love the screen images of Joshua Tree & other US National Monuments State Parks preserving the integrity& beauty of the land.

Remember to protect these lands from drilling & mining as they are under direct threat from the President of the United States. ?

Just bringing this to awareness as of this week , officially under review.????????

Really liked the start even though it threw me off a wee bit hearing so many staples so early.

Not sure about the synth intro to Homecoming, but once the full band kicked in it was great.

Ultraviolet was a very nice surprise. 

Miss Sarajevo was pretty moving but i agree with at least one other post here that it's not as powerful without Bono handling the full vocals. I also think that as symbolic as the crowd banner is, I found it really cause the song to drag on as it seemed the band was waiting for it to be carried to a certain point before finishing the song.

Really happy to see that many of the AB staples are dropped for this tour.

Get rid of Elevation and sub it in with something else and the setlist could be approaching perfection.

I was really excited to hear Red Hill but it sounded really messy to me (looking forward to a bootleg so I can give it another listen.)

Final comment - I thought Bono was "speaking" a lot of the vocals which was a little bit of a surprise and disappointing. 

For me it was a really good start to the tour but there is a fair bit of room to tighten-up (Bono missed some vocal cues/lines, Red Hill) I think.

Edited by enriquediaz

3 hours ago, JMLU2 said:

The American people did use the strong power of its people. The American people said enough is enough. The American people have spoken.  It is what it is.  Instead of dividing us even more .... we should ALL try and unite together instead of dividing us even more.  That's what should be happening not spouting off about your own personal feeling  work together compromise.  A statue,  painting is not verbally telling me that I'm wrong for what I feel and it should be this way .  This is not the thread to continue this discussion so that's all I'm gonna say about it in this thread.  I just want to hear the music not your thoughts on your political view.  Just the music 

U2 have always been political and have always expressed their political/social views live. It's the difference between artists and entertainers. There are plenty of acts that just want to entertain and they'll be happy to take your money. Artists have a message. There job is to do something bigger with their art form. That's always been U2. Look, if you're a long time fan, something tells me your views/leanings have shifted recently and maybe now for the first time you find yourself on the opposing end of U2's views when it comes to what's happening in America right now. Otherwise, how are you still a fan and have been okay with them being this way for all these years? Also, if U2 saying what they say is troubling you, maybe dig down to the deeper reason why.

8 hours ago, JMLU2 said:

I'm very well aware of this.  Why bash those with different views?  Just unite us instead of dividing us.  I enjoy the music of U2 always have ...always will.  If you want to talk about your views then have a round table discussion with those who are interested in your views at a different time and place. So those who have different opinions don't have to feel like we are wrong because our view is different then what he feels. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but to make people feel like their wrong is not right.  I didn't pay to be told that my view is wrong. I payed with hard earned money to hear your music not your view on what you think is right. 

I think exposing views that are objectively, scientifically, filled with hate, misogyny, racism and cruelty isn't a bad thing. If we are agree that those things are evil, we are united. If we don't agree, shame, just enjoy the music and allow rational discourse to carry the day. Slides are fun, but slipper slopes are dangerous for the world.

11 hours ago, htdaab34 said:

Well in my opinion he could find a way to unite us not divide us

I don't think most liberals have any desire to be united with the conservatives that support the current administration. As far as I'm concerned, the wedge needs to keep being pounded in.

Did anyone experience obstructed views at this venue?  I am trying to figure out if I am going to have issues with my seats at the concert I am attending.  Thanks.

21 hours ago, kings said:

Be thankful that both of you have the right to express your politics. If you think U2 will keep their mouths shut as politics hits a new all time low you're delusional.

or all time high according to the way you look at it.