Camera Policy

bobczx2

• Subscriber

Whats the camera policy for the show?   I would assume no "professional lens"  and no video but in the past i've seen people with small handycams.   I have one of those and not only does it record but takes stills as well.  Just wondering. 

• Community Moderator

Best thing to do is to check with the stadium, as it can be different for each one. Let us know what you can find out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Anyone have any luck?  In Tampa the stadium policy is no camera/lens more than 12 inches, sounds pretty liberal. I'm going to try a detachable lens that is about 3 inches, just wondering if anyone has run into "U2 specific" issues.

• Subscriber

I use a Sony CyberShot DSC HX300. The optical zoom (50x) is great, the digital zoom (200x) is ridiculously good. The lens is not detachable, and I can usually confidently get past security. (the rule at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto is nothing over 55mm, I just point out the 50x optical zoom, and they say "go ahead") Unfortunately, when you're zooming at anything over 100x without a tripod, the slightest movement causes the focus to slip. From section 326, the photos I took came out okay, I filmed Sunday Bloody Sunday (YouTube blocked at work, can't find it right now, but my YouTube username is truenorth1968, if you want to look for it). HX300.jpg.1950a52e05c36c7693a4624cf3d2ce77.jpg

Archived