Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Seattle Live Thread #U2TheJoshuaTree2017

5 minutes ago, StinkyJay said:

Watching the clips from this concert (and Vancouver) and holy Jeebus, did enough of y'all have your phones out the entire show?  Every crowd shot of the GA groups and all I saw was  asea of cell phone screens and nobody moving to the music.

What's the point of going to the show if you're just going to stand there like a zombie and record the whole thing?

While I totally agree with you, meaning I wouldn't photograph and record if I were there, I'd live the moment.......It's very nice to see some people sacrificed their experience for us (i.e me) who can't be there in person, so I can watch the concert myself..........

5 minutes ago, pain_18_ said:

While I totally agree with you, meaning I wouldn't photograph and record if I were there, I'd live the moment.......It's very nice to see some people sacrificed their experience for us (i.e me) who can't be there in person, so I can watch the concert myself..........

You don't think that affects the band too?  I totally get why Bono hates the practice.

Buy the DVD if you want to see the concert and can't go.  Don't ruin it for everyone else and the band.

1 hour ago, StinkyJay said:

You don't think that affects the band too?  I totally get why Bono hates the practice.

Buy the DVD if you want to see the concert and can't go.  Don't ruin it for everyone else and the band.

I totally agree with that.....I went to some others artists' concerts and didn't like it at all when a sea of phones blocked my visions to the stage........However, I'm grateful for the people who uploaded videos.........I can't just wait for the dvd to hear the new song.....which might not even be included on the dvd, who knows....!!!!!

Edited by pain_18_

1 hour ago, StinkyJay said:

myself, the last thing I'd be holding up in the air is my phone. If people can film or take a few photos without impeding someone else's view, I'm ok with that. however there are too many people who just throw their hand up in the air with their phone or camera and it stays there for 30 minutes. this isn't just at U2 concerts (I haven't seen U2 since December 2010), Metallica have the same thing with their shows. if Rob, Kirk or James are right in front of me, my phone would be in my purse. this is what James had to say about it almost 9 years ago at the O2 Arena in London. 

what's great is, the guy filming it (the footage we are watching) ends up turning his phone off to enjoy the show.

Edited by BigBunny
bad gramerrrr

On 5/14/2017 at 10:00 PM, Max Tsukino said:

I believe the cowgirl swinging the lasso is Morleigh (Mrs. The Edge 2 U)