Sign in to follow this  
radical19

Vancouver RZ experience?

10 minutes ago, Jenn_F said:

About how many people were in Red Zone?  Also, how early did you get there to line up, and do they queue you like regular GA?

Hard to say. Maybe 400-500?  I arrived at about 7pm and walked right in. There was no queue when I arrived.  They allowed Red Zone ticket holders to bypass the lines for entry. 

Taken from Red Zone. Bono is on the walkway between the main stage and B stage. 

IMG_5803.JPG

17 hours ago, x3driver said:

Hard to say. Maybe 400-500?  I arrived at about 7pm and walked right in. There was no queue when I arrived.  They allowed Red Zone ticket holders to bypass the lines for entry. 

Thank you for this info.  Was there room to spread out a bit.  I dont think I can stand that long so I was going to lean on the barriers at the back or something....not what I want to be doing but better than not being there!

There was room to spread out the further away you were from the rail. There were areas where people had sat down prior to the start of the show. I wasn't sure if there were "seats" but actually just flat areas attached to the fencing separating the GA from Red Zone. While there were people sitting there it did not look comfortable. As far as leaning against the barriers it appeared you certainly could at the side closest to the lower bowl seats. The barrier separating GA from Red Zone was jammed as it was a "rail" for the GA people. 

That is a great shot!  I was at the Joshua Tree tour 30 years ago and was trampled, so I am hoping for a much better experience :)  Once you were in, did you find it was easy to step out but still get back to your spot?  Also, it sounded like you would have preferred getting closer to the stage, rather than the ramp?

1 hour ago, Jenn_F said:

That is a great shot!  I was at the Joshua Tree tour 30 years ago and was trampled, so I am hoping for a much better experience :)  Once you were in, did you find it was easy to step out but still get back to your spot?  Also, it sounded like you would have preferred getting closer to the stage, rather than the ramp?

If you step away from the rail, have whomever you're with "spread out" so nobody takes your spot.  But even if you don't get your spot back, RZ is has a lot of room so you can still see a great show no matter where in the RZ you happen to be standing.