• Subscriber

Does anyone know/read more about the main stage screen and images shown during the concert? Of course, Willie  W and Anton C are involved but how about the new images? They are amazing but they don't seem to be from the band's Death Valley/Bodie/Mojave/JT NP bus drive era. The U2.com only provided the following:

http://www.u2.com/news/title/opening-night

"That second stage featured a perfect shadow of the giant silver Joshua Tree that grows out of the main, custom-built screen, which is the largest unobscured and highest-resolution LED screen ever used in a touring production"...."Then to the main stage, which burst into living colour as if the tree had reached maturity in seconds flat. To a huge cheer, the first of longtime visual collaborator Anton Corbijn's stunningly renewed visual representations of ‘The Joshua Tree' imagery appeared in breathtaking high definition..."

Aq-

• Subscriber

I'd like to learn more about this subject, too.

I wasn't at the Vancouver show *in person* - but I was watching on Periscope. (I have also watched several videos on YouTube.) It seems to me that they've actually drawn the focus away from themselves and put more emphasis on what's displayed on the screen more than they ever have in the past. The screen has played a major role in all the shows I've seen before, but not like this. It's just my impression / opinion, of course.

I have Red Zone tickets for Houston and seats for the Dallas show - so I'm really glad I'll get to observe two different perspectives. Something tells me the visual aspect will be more enjoyable from the seats...

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, allyson2008 said:

I wasn't at the Vancouver show *in person* - but I was watching on Periscope. (I have also watched several videos on YouTube.) It seems to me that they've actually drawn the focus away from themselves and put more emphasis on what's displayed on the screen more than they ever have in the past. The screen has played a major role in all the shows I've seen before, but not like this. It's just my impression / opinion, of course.

I have Red Zone tickets for Houston and seats for the Dallas show - so I'm really glad I'll get to observe two different perspectives. Something tells me the visual aspect will be more enjoyable from the seats...

Have to agree! 

Was watching Vancouver footage earlier on and the option came up link to my tv which I did and my oh my!

The quality of the screen images are insane and you kind of forget the boys  are on stage watching the images along with the sound and it's just thrilling!

So looking forward to taking my part at Twickenham!

Edited by Pukka
  • Subscriber
On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 8:12 AM, allyson2008 said:

I did a close concert, Vancouver and a distant, Seattle. They were both thrilling for different reasons. You are right, the stage production is amazing and is probably bettèr from the distant view, but the b stage or tree stage is amazing when your close to the rail. The led screen is insane with the 4k definition and is really ground breaking in person.

Enjoy your shows, it's going to be epic!

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, StinkyJay said:

And the depressing sight of a sea of cell screens at the bottom.  SMH ....

I'm with you on that...

Edited by 504jumper
  • Subscriber

Just got back from Rose Bowl show 1. This time GA and very close to stage just a bit off Larry's back in stage B. Incredible sound even that close. The screen is just unreal. That close and you cannot see the LED's separation (Far distant from Popmart). I hope we eventually get details. Is it 4K def? What camera did they use? etc. The main stage is higher than usual and higher than stage b but less than my initial estimates. The addition of the firm microphone stand (some people were calling it the pole dancing pole, ja!) for Bono is also new and cool. It seems like his shoulder/elbow are doing better although still not playing guitar. 

They made TJT a cinematic album and they did make sure the tour was going to be the same. Visuals to remember forever!

Edited by aquinteru