U2 concert-goers wary of anti-scalping technology causing horrible delays

WildWilly

• Subscriber

So I am a member of u2.com and paid to purchase General Admission Floor seats.  This is done through ticketmaster and you have to use your credit card to claim your tickets.  Well...it was an EPIC disaster at the Vancouver U2 show on 5/12.  SUPER long delays for those who did not have paper tickets.  

HELLO U2 and Tickermaster!!!!  Take ownership and FIX this.  It is quite simple.  You can pick up your paper tickets the day of the show and then let fans enter like all the other fans with paper tickets.  Having people wait in LONG lines and miss the show because ticketmaster does not have their act together is WRONG.  

U2 the Band needs to take ownership too!  They chose to let Ticketmaster use this new methodology that is causing the problem. 

• Subscriber

I had issues with my credit card ticket tonight in Seattle. They scanned my card a few times got something saying not confirmed, scanned it a few more times, got something saying it had already been scanned. The guy had to find another person to ask what to do, and then that person had to find another person. All the while holding up the line. They finally had to bring me over to the box office where I had to wait behind other people that had similar issues and finally when it was my time they were able to print me a ticket in 2 seconds. I had my order confirmation which I think helped in the process. Total mess and the worse part it doesn't even seem to stop the scalpers. Muse does will call only for their fan club presales and it always seems to go smoothly, though admittedly Muse doesn't have quite as large a fan base as U2.

Edited by ruffian114