Yet another CC entry question

• Subscriber

Are venues actually asking for ID with credit card entry?  On the day of the pre-sale, I was at work and my wonderful mom logged in and got my tickets for me.  Not knowing what paperless tickets were, she charged them on her card.  She's more than happy to give me the card to swipe in, but if I have to present ID, the name won't match.  I called Metlife Stadium and the guest services people were very nice, but completely exasperated by this entry policy.  The woman I talked to told me she didn't think they'd actually check ID's as long as the card swiped, but she couldn't say for sure.  They said that the credit card holder could walk you to the gate and swipe you in but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with my 78 year old mother for the 4 hours the concert is going on at the stadium, over an hour away from home, I get the desire to cut back on scalpers, but this seems a little extreme.  

So I'm curious for those who've gone so far whether ID was actually checked.  Otherwise it seems I'm going to have to go through the trouble of having her add me as an authorized user on the card and hope for the best.

• Subscriber

No ID check at Seattle last night. I think the only potential problem you would have if for some reason when swiping card there was a problem and you had to go to ticket office to fix it. I heard that happened a few times last night. But I would think if you print out the ticket confirmation you would be fine. 

Edited by ldurtschi
  • Subscriber

I'd say have it on you but don't worry about needing to show it. Logistically there isn't time to check every single ID and get people in on time unless they want to start letting the crowd in at least an hour earlier than scheduled. I'm sure the IDs they do/have checked are case by case basis.

• Subscriber

At the iron maiden show in Glasgow we were told to bring photo I'd the credit card the tickets were booked on and also the email.

but on arrival all we had to show was the credit card this was swiped and then a ticket was printed to gain access to the standing area.

so much for a ticketless concert 

• Subscriber

What about if you no longer have the credit card, but have an ID. I bought tix back at the presale and a month later my card was compromised. Not thinking ahead 5 months, I cut up the old card when the new one arrived.  Now Im not sure what to do since I dont have that physical card. I could bring and old credit card card statement, ID, and the replacement card.....but that wont be the same number.   Has anyone else had this problem or heard of how this should be resolved.