BONO VOICE & PROMPTERS?

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, peggy said:

The prompters did not show him very often on the big screen...

A prompter (or "teleprompter") is actually a monitor that Bono can use, that displays the song lyrics, or his speeches, that he can refer to, in case he happens to get lost mid-show.   It's not a camera.

Edited by rlj1010
  • Subscriber

Maybe it was just start of tour jitters? I could see his B stage prompter from where I was last night and it didn't seem like he was referencing it. I only heard one "missed a line" moment and it was very short and he was fiddling with his earpiece so maybe it was a sound hitch. He sounded great last night. The Edge was on fire though. His harmonies sounded better then the album (maybe he's a better singer 30 years on?) And he set that guitar on fire.

• Subscriber

I will say there were some technical / sound things that were off in the show overall, that the band kind of shrugged off, but I attributed that to there being sound glitches at every single show I've been to at Cowboys Stadium. 

• Subscriber
On 5/27/2017 at 11:38 AM, kyleblonde said:

Maybe it was just start of tour jitters? I could see his B stage prompter from where I was last night and it didn't seem like he was referencing it. I only heard one "missed a line" moment and it was very short and he was fiddling with his earpiece so maybe it was a sound hitch. He sounded great last night. The Edge was on fire though. His harmonies sounded better then the album (maybe he's a better singer 30 years on?) And he set that guitar on fire.

We were in the RZ for Houston and had a straight line view at the B stage prompter.  It didn't appear to be moving when he was singing, just when he was thanking people, making statements, etc.  My wife and I got the impression it was nothing more than an outline of things he wanted to say.