Celebrating 20 year anniversary - May 24th - at Houston Show

Dear Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam - 

My name is Laurel Lane and I wanted to thank you for coming to my hometown, Houston, Texas, on our 20th anniversary, May 24th!  My husband, Chuck Burris, and I are coming to see the show from Denver.  We grew up together in Houston and have been together since we were 16 (we didn't get married until we were 23).  We have spent 27 years sharing and loving your music and we have seen about 10  live shows - we were lucky enough to see 360 twice, once in Toronto and then again in Pittsburgh.  For me, I discovered you in 1983, when I saw the US Festival broadcast on MTV - I was 9 years old and I was done - you instantly became my favorite band with New Year's Day becoming my most favorite song of all time.  Not to mention that Bono's antics were enthralling - you all were enthralling and your music has been a pivotal part of my entire life since watching the festival that day in 1983. Sadly, when you came to town 4 years later, I was not able to see the 1987 Joshua Tree Tour as my parents thought I was too young for a concert.  

When I met my husband in high school, at some point early in our friendship, we discovered out mutual love of U2.  And he was lucky enough to go to the 1987 show in Houston - a year before I knew him.  We would have loved for you to come to Denver and perform at Red Rocks but when we found out that you would be in Houston, ON our actual anniversary, well, we thought it was kismet or something and of course we had to go.  

We cannot wait to see you again in Houston - thank you for the incredible body of work you have done over the life of your band - and for the inspirational body of work that is The Joshua Tree.  I cannot wait to hear all of the songs but especially Running to Stand Still. 

Love from two quietly huge fans - 

Laurel Lane and Chuck Burris