Sign in to follow this  
phill pohl

[EXPLETIVE DELETED] holding cameras up

Seems to be lots of people holding phones up yet again despite bono moaning about it in the past .What is wrong with people ?is it all for bragging to their friends on social media that they were there?.Stop spoiling peoples view behind you and enjoy the show you paid to see you muppets.

Phill... it's ok to be angry about the phones and cameras, but please never again use that term on the forum.

Thanks...

carry on...

Totally agree on this. I'm not against taking a few photos every now and then but holding your phone up and filming for the entire show! Er, no thanks!

I almost started a thread on this as well.  

Im watching some of the clips of the first two shows and seeing the number of people just standing their like zombie filming the concert is very disheartening. I don't remember this many people with cameras at the 360 shows. 

Put it away, move with the music and enjoy the show.

At the very least you can keep the phone at your head level or lower so that you don't disturb people behind you.  I've recorded a song or two this way in the past and never had any issues with getting a good view on film.

I have noticed this happening at a lot of shows since the invention of "Smart Phones." However, there was one show, recently, where this didn't happen so much. It was at a Garbage show. :) It was so nice to see people actually watching the show.
But... yeah, let's try to be considerate. I doubt the people who read this are the people who engage in this offensive behaviour, though.

Just now, allyson2008 said:

I have noticed this happening at a lot of shows since the invention of "Smart Phones." However, there was one show, recently, where this didn't happen so much. It was at a Garbage show. :) It was so nice to see people actually watching the show.
But... yeah, let's try to be considerate. I doubt the people who read this are the people who engage in this offensive behaviour, though.

Go read the Vancouver show thread

1 minute ago, allyson2008 said:

What did I miss?

Between that and the Seattle thread, in just about every crowd pic, its a sea of cell screens.  The same people who line up for the rail or get up close in GA are typically the same people who post here -- die hard U2 fans.