Sign in to follow this  
phill pohl

[EXPLETIVE DELETED] holding cameras up

Have to agree 100% with Phill (including the expletive deleted lol).Whats wrong with people? Take a few pictures - fine. But standing there half the night with camera aloft?Get a life!

Watch the opening of the Paris Elevation dvd. A show that half the world knew was going to be filmed and what are half the crowd doing? Filming it!!!

6 hours ago, oisin269 said:

Have to agree 100% with Phill (including the expletive deleted lol).Whats wrong with people? Take a few pictures - fine. But standing there half the night with camera aloft?Get a life!

Watch the opening of the Paris Elevation dvd. A show that half the world knew was going to be filmed and what are half the crowd doing? Filming it!!!

Good point and I kind of give that crowd a pass.  At least they jumped around and got into it.  Seattle and Vancouver GA's looked like people were filming a funeral and not moving.

And let's not forget the geniuses who bring their iPads and film with those!

At the weekend I has at The Jesus and Mary Chain, got in early and snagged a good spot right at the front railing. There was nobody in front and I had a close view..... the guy standing next to me watched the entire show through his phone screen as he snapped photos. Completely pointless as there was media photographers with much better cameras present. Those pro shots were online the next day in gig reviews/galleries.

The band is here now, playing now. Be here now.

Must annoy the band and affect the whole atmosphere on the floor not to mention it looks awful as a spectacle .iI have said it before water pistols may be the answer they will soon put them down:)

6 hours ago, phill pohl said:

Must annoy the band and affect the whole atmosphere on the floor not to mention it looks awful as a spectacle .iI have said it before water pistols may be the answer they will soon put them down:)

:D

This idea made me laugh! I seriously wanted to do this at a Pixies concert I went to a couple weeks ago. I'm already shorter than everyone - now I have to try to dodge the [expletive] phones, too...?

I must admit I have been guilty of this in the past but for IE I took hardly any pictures and for TJT I'm going to try and not take my phone out once (I don't need to as there will be photos from the rest of the crowd online :p).

Although without the phones, how would everyone on the various live threads get their periscope fix? Maybe there should be an official feed for every show.

16 hours ago, gcf1971 said:

And let's not forget the geniuses who bring their iPads and film with those!

Oh hell no.  I'd seriously lose my poop if some idiot had an iPad up in front of me, blocking my view.