[EXPLETIVE DELETED] holding cameras up

• Subscriber

I don't have a problem with some one taking a picture or two or even filming a short bit of a song. But this happened to me at the Vancouver show, we had this "drunk" woman behind us who was bragging to some drunk guy how she left her husband with the kids back in the back of the floor so she could be up close. Anyway she starts yelling at me for clapping at the end of a song because she was trying to take a picture or film! I put my hands down since going on to the next song, but then she puts arms around my shoulders and starts filming with the camera in front of me, pulling herself up close to my back and starts to place her head on my shoulder! I shake her off and say "don't ever do that" and turn back around. WTF
The other thing that drives me crazy happened at this show, two guys standing in front of us (one with super bad breath) start talking about their job and life during the Mumford and Sons set! But to do this, they had to bring their heads together and yell, so they are blocking the person behind them and your listening to their crap! I don't have a problem a quick word or two but when it goes on into minutes, I have a problem!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, joeyanne said:

I must admit I have been guilty of this in the past but for IE I took hardly any pictures and for TJT I'm going to try and not take my phone out once (I don't need to as there will be photos from the rest of the crowd online :p).

Although without the phones, how would everyone on the various live threads get their periscope fix? Maybe there should be an official feed for every show.

We should even remotely care about catering to people who want to pirate feed a concert?  Eff them.

• Subscriber

why not create a video to be shown before the show starts, making fun/chastising those who do this?

peer pressure will get the vast majority of the offenders if the band appear on screen before the show starts. I"m not sure the majority know how much the band don't like it. 

• Community Moderator
2 hours ago, enriquediaz said:

Sadly, this battle is lost. Hell, even some of the Mods here are thanking people for periscoping shows.

We thank them for their effort of trying to connect the members of the fan community that are not there.  That does not mean that we encourage or agree with their activity, but we do provide the information for those who do wish to follow along.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, mich40 said:

That does not mean that we encourage or agree with their activity, but we do provide the information for those who do wish to follow along.

The second part of this sentence contradicts the first part of the sentence.

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, mich40 said:

... That does not mean that we encourage or agree with their activity, but we do provide the information for those who do wish to follow along.

We'll just have to pleasantly disagree on the impact and interpretation of publishing this activity and thanking them their efforts.

• Community Moderator
9 minutes ago, StinkyJay said:

The second part of this sentence contradicts the first part of the sentence.

I provide links that I find via Twitter in the live threads for people who wish to watch them. However, I don't ask people to do them, nor do I personally understand why someone would want to hold up their phone during the whole show; but that's  their prerogative and the age we live in. When I thank them, it is on behalf of the people who have watched them and enjoyed them. 

• Community Moderator
1 minute ago, enriquediaz said:

We'll just have to pleasantly disagree on the impact and interpretation of publishing this activity and thanking them their efforts.

Agreed. Just keep in mind that whether we provide the links and thank them or not does not impact who/how many choose to do the live streams at the show. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, mich40 said:

Agreed. Just keep in mind that whether we provide the links and thank them or not does not impact who/how many choose to do the live streams at the show. 

Really? Do you seriously think that joe/jane public would stand at a concert periscoping for 5, 10, 15 minutes at a time if nobody was watching? And if not for twitter, Facebook, U2.com, etc sharing this information how else would people find out?

Anyway, you can have the last word if you wish as I don't think there will be any sort of common understanding on this point. (and I'm ok with that - seriously.)