Sign in to follow this  
eveconversa

Advice on best place to stand in the Red Zone

9 hours ago, mike7man said:

How could you have been to four RZ's now?  There's only been 3 shows so far--?  Also, when you say there's not a bad place to stand, what about the RZ being so far off to the left of the main stage?

They've had RZ at other tours too.  During 360, I went to 6 shows, 4 of which were RZ.  

Looking at the pics that have come out thus far, I don't see RZ being "so far off to the left".  

If you're in the red zone, and prefer to stay towards the front of the main stage, is it even possible to see over the ramp?  

On 5/21/2017 at 5:29 AM, StinkyJay said:

They've had RZ at other tours too.  During 360, I went to 6 shows, 4 of which were RZ.  

Looking at the pics that have come out thus far, I don't see RZ being "so far off to the left".  

OK, sure--but prior (e.g., 360) RZ experiences aren't relevant now (I went to a bunch of those too), because the new JT RZ is very different (i.e., only on one side--and it does look at least 2/3 of the way to the left of center stage).  In fact, the "large view" pic above seems to suggest that that's the best-case RZ scenario--the ramp itself (which forms the center-most boundary of the RZ) seems about 2/3 of the way to the left.  Along the same lines, other postings I've seen have said, for example, that the whole band (when they're on the main stage) is to the right of the walkway.  If that's really the case, then being in the RZ close to the main stage would produce a pronounced side view (not good).

And seriously, take another look at the "large view" pic above in this thread.  It's pretty clear that when they're on the main stage, they are basically entirely to the right of the walkway--with the sightline disadvantage to RZ folks I'm concerned about.  From the pic, it looks like the best way to deal with this would be to be up around the b-stage (which would also give a good view of them when they're there, of course).

Edited by mike7man

On 5/20/2017 at 8:18 PM, brdthomp said:

We went to the San Jose show.  Great view back towards the end of B stage.  It was epic!!  The pictures we took our friends thought were off the screen behind the stage, they couldn't believe how close we were.  The best part was we were able to move about freely and still have a good view, but once they moved to the main stage the view changed so we enjoyed the beautiful visuals and graphics.  The best time, ever!!!

Can you say more??  What do you mean by "the view changed"?  Could you see them on the main stage at all if you were close to the main stage?

OK, found some "straight-on" pics of the stage.  It's at least as bad as I thought--RZ is indeed very much off to the left (at least 2/3, maybe 3/4).  Ouch. 

mike7man. I agree with everything you are saying. Its way to the left. I am going to shoot for the B stage. Best possible chance to get close.

12 hours ago, mike7man said:

Can you say more??  What do you mean by "the view changed"?  Could you see them on the main stage at all if you were close to the main stage?

Hiya,

We were close to the rail towards the end of the B stage.  You're right, the B stage is off to one side of the main stage - because of that we focused on getting the best view of the band within the area provided.  To be honest, I could see the band on the main stage but the view was much better watching it on the backdrop, and the graphics were "amazing".  Only speaking for myself here, but given the chance to be as close as we were was worth it.  The odds of getting that close in regular GA are probably pretty slim and the main stage is really high so being up front doesn't give you a great view. 

I hope you have a great time!  It is an amazing show and you will have a great opportunity to be on the rail of B stage (try for the back, it's the best view of the band).   

10 hours ago, nyru2 said:

mike7man. I agree with everything you are saying. Its way to the left. I am going to shoot for the B stage. Best possible chance to get close.

Yeah--unfortunately, seems pretty clear that being close to the main stage is NOT the way to go.  B-stage, definitely--that way, very close for the B-stage songs, and much better view when they're on the main stage.