What time for the GA queue

• Subscriber

I know this is probably one of the most boring questions as it's asked so frequently but I'm wondering what time is good for the GA queue this time around. I've usually turned up around 9am on the day of the show and got a good rail spot but seeing the queues start days before for the first few shows has got me thinking that this won't be good enough. I was wondering if anyone thinks it's likely that the queue will start the day before or is it unlikely as we might do things slightly differently over here. 

I know I'm over thinking this. Maybe I should start the queue now - I'm number 1 :P

• Subscriber

I'm gonna head there for around that time, but I live three miles from Twickenham, it's my birthday and my mates will be there with beers (not too many, I'm not an idiot) and chairs and maybe disposable board games so I'm a bit weird. I heard from someone at Seattle they got there for 4pm and got a good spot just a couple of rows in front of Edge, but I'm a bit paranoid. 

My guess would be it's a popular gig, so I think around noon would be a safe bet - go early if you're uber keen. What I wouldn't do is panic based on the US shows - it always seems tense outside the stadium, but once you're in, there's always quite a lot more space towards the front then you think. 

I'll probably rock up around 9/10, but I'm a little weird. My mates will probably detest me by the end of the day. See you then maybe! And if you do go early - Fry up beforehand.

• Subscriber

9/10 is my usual turn up time (closer to 9 than 10) but there's always someone who's been there since 6am. I guess we're a little different over here in that we don't do the whole joining the queue but then leaving coming back for check ins. Once we're queuing, we are queuing :P Hopefully it will still be that way this time but you never know. I'm due into London the day before so might pass by the stadium in the afternoon just in case.

I didn't think board games were weird. Or are you setting up a full game of risk?

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, joeyanne said:

Once we're queuing, we are queuing

Quite right, too. God save the Queen. 

19 hours ago, joeyanne said:

Or are you setting up a full game of risk?

LOL - I am now - only, in a U2 themed twist, instead of invading countries, it's about getting them to collectively sign up to an Amnesty petition. 

More seriously - I think 9/10's sensible. I love U2, but there's a trade-off between being at the front and being knackered

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

The last time they played at Twickenham (Vertigo) we turned up between 7:30 - 8:00 for the Saturday gig & joined a fairly small group of people (200 - 250).

At 9am the security guards blocked us in & told everyone that nobody else would be allowed to join the queue that we were in & also that we were guaranteed entry to the pit / inner circle.

Anyone else who showed up early was made to queue in another area separate to where we where.

They posted security guards at the front & end of the queue & you checked in & out with them when going to the toilet & or for food, they wrist banded us about an hour or two before the gates opened & then walked us in & onto the pitch & then into the inner circle.

The net result of this was the most chilled & relaxed day I have spent queuing to get in to any stadium gig in my life.

Obviously there is no guarantee that they will be doing this again & from what I've seen online from the gigs in the States there isn't a pit other than the Red Zone so who's knows what will happen.

We have seats this time round on the Saturday & Red Zone on the Sunday, to say I am relieved at not having to queue all day is an understatement.

Good luck to those of you that are planning on queuing & I'd suggest keeping an eye on the official Twickenham web site on the day's leading up to the gigs as they usually post details of queuing arrangements for gigs.

• Subscriber

Thanks for the info. Just wondering of they checked your ticket before giving you a wrist band. Currently I'm going to be having to go to the box office at some point (along with all of the other collectors ticket buyers which nobody seems to have yet) and I'd be really upset if they didn't let me in the queue just for not having my ticket yet through no fault of my own. I'm already hoping some nice person will hold my spot.

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, joeyanne said:

Thanks for the info. Just wondering of they checked your ticket before giving you a wrist band. Currently I'm going to be having to go to the box office at some point (along with all of the other collectors ticket buyers which nobody seems to have yet) and I'd be really upset if they didn't let me in the queue just for not having my ticket yet through no fault of my own. I'm already hoping some nice person will hold my spot.

Yes, they checked the tickets but as they didn't hand out the wristbands until later in the day it wasn't an issue for people.

As I said, there is absolutely no guarantee that they will do what they did for the Vertigo gigs, so please don't base your plans on this, my advice would be to keep an eye on the official Twickenham web site for info.

As for there being a pit or not, unless someone can get into the stadium & take a photo the day before we will not know until the day of the gig.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Hi

does anyone know if there will be a numbering system for the early GA queue as per the o2 gigs in 2015?. If so- does anyone know who will be running it and where the meeting point and time is likely to be for the sat 8th July gig?

i thought that the numbering system worked well last time, but obviously that's dependant on the venue recognising and respecting it.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 16/06/2017 at 2:21 PM, themaster said:

Hi

does anyone know if there will be a numbering system for the early GA queue as per the o2 gigs in 2015?. If so- does anyone know who will be running it and where the meeting point and time is likely to be for the sat 8th July gig?

i thought that the numbering system worked well last time, but obviously that's dependant on the venue recognising and respecting it.

cheers

Bumping - does anyone know what the score is yet for the GA queue?, thanks

Archived