Sign in to follow this  
claudeflowers

Solution for GA? Red Zone/Wires/Public admission

12 minutes ago, jeffwalsh said:

Those aren't fan-club tickets. You don't get anything in advance if you're in the fan club. You have to pick it up with ID the day of the show, non-transferable. Just like people complained on here with GA showing up online, every venue has a small number of tickets for season ticket holders to sporting events, etc., that don't have any of the rules of the band, etc.

I did see Red Zone tickets being scalped on Vivid Seats for as high as $1,400 yesterday.  I thought Red Zone tix could not be scalped.  Think those profiting from reselling them will give those profits where they are intended?  It has become such a dirty business on so many levels.  Can Red Zone tix be scalped using a legit ticket reselling business?  I doubt that jerk will get $1,400 for those tix. It's for tomorrow's show.  I hope he gets stuck with every one of them.

On 6/3/2017 at 1:45 AM, vertigojds said:

Manohlive - no apologies necessary, it's all good :)

I'm happy to hear that, thank you.  I thought about you at the show last night and laughed because I'm taking a break from writing.  Oh my gosh, what a show.  I purposely avoided most info so it would be a surprise.  Edge transcriped MOTD for guitar?  That was fricking awesome.  Anyhow, as we waited; I thought about our debate and laughed and hoped you were in the crowd or having fun where ever.   Thanks.

I was at the GA entry at 5:20 or so and there was no line.  None.  I had been told it was going to be nuts.  Soldier Field is a great venue UNTIL you have to leave!  I left that part out purposely.  Wow.  It takes almost an hour just to get to the Field Museum.  I've done it many times but it's still a royal pain in the butt.

The GA in Chicago seems to have gone well.  We got in there a little after six and one still could have been on the rail but off to the side.

On 5/17/2017 at 7:05 PM, u2rone said:

I think it's a great idea if it would work. I wish they would stop using Ticketbastard altogether and come up something else_ somehow, someway!!!

the band phish and Dave Matthews band use their own fan sites for tickets for fan club members. Then the people who aren't able to get Fan  club tickets later on have to go through Ticketmater 

On 6/4/2017 at 4:52 PM, Manohlive said:

I was at the GA entry at 5:20 or so and there was no line.  None.  I had been told it was going to be nuts.  Soldier Field is a great venue UNTIL you have to leave!  I left that part out purposely.  Wow.  It takes almost an hour just to get to the Field Museum.  I've done it many times but it's still a royal pain in the butt.

The GA in Chicago seems to have gone well.  We got in there a little after six and one still could have been on the rail but off to the side.

What time did the opening act come on?  Also, what time did they allow GA entry?  I was in NY at MSG 2 years ago, strolled in and was about 5 rows from Adam.  Was a great crowd too!  You head to the bathroom and everybody let you back to your spot without any issues.

The idea wouldn't work though .... for this tour and the last I got the best tickets during the Public Sale.  My club membership tickets were crappy but I scored 2 sets of RZ for this tour and 2 sets of GA for the last tour during the public sale.  My fan club ticket options were crappy.

Speaking as a member who couldn't get through on the presale, I'm not into it. However I am not looking forward to making my way into the crowds this tour. Last time, at the indoor venues, it was very easy. I walked in at 6:30 ish and we were pretty much front row. Don't see that happening this time. But I'm happy to be there at all. I'd also rather be making  my way through the crowds than sitting in club seats. Not the same energy, to say the least.

IMG_3631.JPG

On 6/5/2017 at 5:43 PM, Dayman99 said:

What time did the opening act come on?  Also, what time did they allow GA entry?  I was in NY at MSG 2 years ago, strolled in and was about 5 rows from Adam.  Was a great crowd too!  You head to the bathroom and everybody let you back to your spot without any issues.

I think The Lumineers started about 7:30 or so.  Loved them but like their music.   I was surprised how few GA people were on the field at six.

It did look pretty packed up front but if those are Zootopians, I'd imagine they'd be pretty cool about letting a guy/girl back to their spot, no?

As far as the last tour:  I saw them in Chicago three of the five shows. GA did look quite manageable for all shows.  This tour is different, as you may well know, in that there are not stages on both ends of the venue.  People mostly want to be up front while a few seemed to clamor for the extension from the stage; where they opened the show.  GA filled up on the field and seemed more intense than the IE tour.  IE shows people wanted to be on one end or another, it seemed to me.

Edited by Manohlive