Getting back from Fedex field

• Subscriber

Is it safe to take the Metro after the concert, back all the way to Alexandria?

Or, any tips for driving and parking somewhere close to the stadium?

I know the metro is going to be crazy busy especially trying to catch it after the concert, but traffic is probably crazy too and leave alone getting out of parking.

Any tips, ideas appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

We (2 women) used Metro after 360 and will probably do it again for JT.  No problems.  The trains will probably be very crowded until you get downtown.  I don't live in the DC area anymore, but when I did and felt there might be an issue with safety, I always went in the front car, near the driver.  Never had a problem. 

Getting to the stadium and parking for concerts has been a problem in the past - especially on a weeknight with all of the usual horrible  rush hour traffic.  If you drive, allow plenty of time to get to the stadium. 

Edited by ChuckT
  • Subscriber

Just be aware that since the 360 tour, Metro hours have changed. It's about a 20 minute walk to the Morgan Blvd Station (Blue/Silver). The last silver train toward Reston, via DC, Rosslyn and Arlington, leaves the station at 11:14, and the last Blue train in the direction of Franconia/Springfield, via DC, Rosslyn, Crystal City etc, leaves at 11:27pm.  Once you are on a train, even if it is the last one of the night, you will be able to make a connection to the other lines to get where you need, but use the Trip Planner so you know what to do.

Use the Metro trip player  https://www.wmata.com/schedules/trip-planner/ 

Metro has not been inclined to stay open late to accommodate concerts; they did not do so for Springsteen last year.  But stay tuned:)

• Subscriber

Thanks Sped.  I am guessing the show ends around 10.45.  Would be kind of hard to make it on the last train at 11.25.  So..Uber is next option.  Anyone have any idea how expensive Uber will be - for 5 people?

• Subscriber
On 6/13/2017 at 10:06 PM, kbhatt said:

Thanks Sped.  I am guessing the show ends around 10.45.  Would be kind of hard to make it on the last train at 11.25.  So..Uber is next option.  Anyone have any idea how expensive Uber will be - for 5 people?

Me and a buddy will be trying to get back to capitol hill after the show. Open to splitting an uber if someone is down. Sadly, it looks like the Metro is gonna not be an option if we wanna see the encore. 

• Subscriber

Fed Ex Field site is saying the show likely won't end until 11:15 so yeah, Metro is not much of an option back. It ended about that time last night in Philly.  DC is notorious for late-starting shows and late-arriving fans on weeknights (traffic)