Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Los Angeles May 20 #U2TheJoshuaTree2017 Live Thread

I want to thank the Rose Bowl staff for yesterday. They handled the GA line so much better than in 2009. It was very orderly and they obviously very well prepared for yesterday. Hope all goes well for those of you who are going tonight. If you think about it, thank them. 

11 minutes ago, dublinlover said:

I want to thank the Rose Bowl staff for yesterday. They handled the GA line so much better than in 2009. It was very orderly and they obviously very well prepared for yesterday. Hope all goes well for those of you who are going tonight. If you think about it, thank them. 

I'm guessing you were lined up early, but I'm planning on getting in line at around 5, when the doors open.  Did it take very long for them to get the line in at that point, and would I still be good to get a decent spot on the floor.  I was aiming for something a little back from the B-Stage, and near center.

The show was amazing! I'd also like to echo thanks to the Rose Bowl security for an orderly GA line. I got there at 10:20 AM and ended up three rows back from Larry on the b-stage/joshua tree. It was the perfect spot. I got to see the band up close and the beginning and end of the show, but was far enough back to fully take in the giant screen for the performance of the album. The whole show was incredible. Hope everyone going to night 2 has a blast!

Just now, SoCalU2Lover said:

I'm guessing you were lined up early, but I'm planning on getting in line at around 5, when the doors open.  Did it take very long for them to get the line in at that point, and would I still be good to get a decent spot on the floor.  I was aiming for something a little back from the B-Stage, and near center.

Not sure how helpful this is but Wednesday night in Santa Clara we got inside the venue around 6:15pm and were pretty much right near where you want to be - a little back from the B stage, pretty much in the center

Just now, tvham said:

Not sure how helpful this is but Wednesday night in Santa Clara we got inside the venue around 6:15pm and were pretty much right near where you want to be - a little back from the B stage, pretty much in the center

Were you happy with your spot?  Good sound quality being more centered?  Does it get cramped once the crowd fills in or is there still room to dance?

For everything about the First Los Angeles show (May 20) - thoughts, reviews, photos, videos, analysis, etc - please continue on this thread...

For everything concerning the second Los Angeles show (May 21) - please continue on its own thread ---> Los Angeles May 21 #U2TheJoshuaTree2017 Live Thread

thanks...

1 hour ago, bigwave said:

Should we keep this thread for night 2 or have a separate one?

Should have a separate one...  So sad they dropped " Little Things " for night one....Hope it will come back in its' spot.... that great song is the best moment of the show !!!

1 minute ago, SoCalU2Lover said:

Were you happy with your spot?  Good sound quality being more centered?  Does it get cramped once the crowd fills in or is there still room to dance?

I thought the sound was great and I really liked our spot - close enough to the B stage to see facial expressions but also nice and centered for the main stage portion with great views of the screens. Here's a pic of approx how close we were to the B stage (Adam was behind Bono and to the right a bit so seeing him was a bit tougher)

IMG_3394.jpg

6 minutes ago, SoCalU2Lover said:

Oh, and it did get a bit crowded once U2 came out but never claustrophobic. Our plan was to watch the mini set and beginning of TJT then moving back to take it all in but we ended up staying where we were the whole time. Here's a pic in the daylight during Mumford so you can see approx how far we were from main stage 

IMG_3388.jpg