• Subscriber

The only thing I would add, and not to sound like an asshole, but please put down the cell phones. Take a quick photo, take a quick snippet of video, but there is no need to record the entire song. It's so freaking amazing and so sad to see so many people concerned with their Facebook and instagram posts and missing the show right in front of them. WOWY totally sucked for me because I had two guys right in front of me holding up their cell phones to record the whole song. I asked them politely when it was over if they could refrain from recording the whole song because I couldn't see. Okay, done with the rant, just be respectful of the others around you. No one is going to get the Anton Corbijn shot. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, tvham said:

Oh, and it did get a bit crowded once U2 came out but never claustrophobic. Our plan was to watch the mini set and beginning of TJT then moving back to take it all in but we ended up staying where we were the whole time. Here's a pic in the daylight during Mumford so you can see approx how far we were from main stage 

Thank you for all the info and pics.  Looks like any closer you would get a good view of the main set, but be too close to easily view the GIANT screens, and be looking at their backs during the B-Stage songs.

• Subscriber
On 5/21/2017 at 11:23 AM, dublinlover said:

I want to thank the Rose Bowl staff for yesterday. They handled the GA line so much better than in 2009. It was very orderly and they obviously very well prepared for yesterday. Hope all goes well for those of you who are going tonight. If you think about it, thank them. 

Couldn't agree more. I've done the GA line-up thing many times for many different bands, and I don't think I've ever seen it handled better, especially for a show (and line) of this magnitude. I was there early both days, and was very impressed with how supportive, friendly, and communicative all of the security folks were. From telling us where to go to get wristbands/numbers in the line to encouraging us to keep drinking water in order to fight the heat to randomly coming over to small groups in the line to make sure everyone understood the GA process and knew what was going on, it really felt like they were there to support us rather than police us. Heck, one woman (probably my favorite of the bunch) was even warning us to "watch for ants falling out of the trees in the parking lot". Ha! Sunday night as we were lead down the ramp onto the field, there was a group of security high-fiving us as we went by, and they seemed legitimately excited for us. That made it all really special, and I certainly appreciate how well it was handled. 

Also, I'm not sure how it was for anyone else, but parking in the GA lot was a breeze! I arrived early enough in the morning that getting in wasn't a problem, but while I expected a nightmare getting out like in '09, both nights I was able to pull out of the lot with no wait at all - it was like I had found a secret exit! The traffic on the road outside was minimal, and both nights it was only a few minutes until I was on the freeway and headed home. It was a great way to cap off two tremendous nights of awesomeness!

• Subscriber
On 5/21/2017 at 11:37 AM, SoCalU2Lover said:

I'm guessing you were lined up early, but I'm planning on getting in line at around 5, when the doors open.  Did it take very long for them to get the line in at that point, and would I still be good to get a decent spot on the floor.  I was aiming for something a little back from the B-Stage, and near center.

Hi guys. We got there GA at around 4:30. The line was moving smooth. Got a great center view even s there were thousands of people BUT U2 fans are always cordial, friendly and never in bad mood so everyone let everyone move around GA people. I recommend GA (I did for First RoseBowl show on Sat) The price was even better than those around the stadium. At first I wanted to stand next to the Red Zone but my mat said "Lets jus stay here, close to the Joshua Tree Mini stage" I said "OK, no prob." Glad I did. About 10 people in front of me. Not too bad considering we just got there a bit before 5:00pm. Rode the bus shuttle (Perefect!!) in and out no prob. Got the freeway back to Palm Springs in  no time (FWY 10) bye!

18623426_10154933415098884_8234069972523228857_o.jpg

• bigwave unfeatured this topic