Sign in to follow this  
allyson2008

The vibe at JT2017 tour

11 hours ago, Shannon387 said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the show myself. It's about the music and I enjoyed it immensely.

I don't think the band gives a rip about cameras & mobile phones taking pics. If they did, it would all be banned. Can it be annoying, sure. Is it ruining the show? No, not at all. 

Bono disagrees with you and has indeed spoke on the issue.  They hate it and it ruins his energy.  I'd bet that if it continues, they will indeed ban GA and RZ folks from pulling out their cell phones.  And I hope they do it.

Jay is correct and no doubt it detatches the band from the crowd making them feel like performing puppets whos every move is going to be scrutinised.Just wish these selfish goons would stop it.

Nobody's taking pictures.... the audience is just trying to show the band their Itunes copy of Songs Of Innocence.

I'm going to more than 1 show (3!) during one tour for the first time ever. It sounds like I just happened to luck upon a less energetic one. :( I'd like to think not. I would say, "I'm going to sell one of my tickets", but who knows what the future brings. I'm happy to see them. I don't think anytime can surpass the last time I saw them in 2015, and I have to be ok with that. 

I promise to limit my cell phone use. It'll just be crappy pictures/videos anyway. To quote Bono from 2015, "Don't take a picture of the moment, BE in the moment".

9 hours ago, toyoracer said:

...To quote Bono from 2015, "Don't take a picture of the moment, BE in the moment".

Says the guy who brought up an audience member at every show on their last tour to periscope a song!

2 minutes ago, enriquediaz said:

Says the guy who brought up an audience member at every show on their last tour to periscope a song!

A Periscope that that the band agreed to as part of the show.  Big difference.

1 hour ago, StinkyJay said:

A Periscope that that the band agreed to as part of the show.  Big difference.

Kinda hard to not only include, but highlight the use of that technology, then complain about it when one isn't in control of it.

2 minutes ago, enriquediaz said:

Kinda hard to not only include, but highlight the use of that technology, then complain about it when one isn't in control of it.

The logical fallacy here blows my mind.

Bands have been prohibiting audio recordings at concerts for decades and then they themselves put out live albums.  I guess by your logic that's wrong too.

It's their intellectual property, not anyone else's.  They have every right to publish it in the manner they see fit.

28 minutes ago, StinkyJay said:

The logical fallacy here blows my mind.

Bands have been prohibiting audio recordings at concerts for decades and then they themselves put out live albums.  I guess by your logic that's wrong too.

It's their intellectual property, not anyone else's.  They have every right to publish it in the manner they see fit.

The comparison between an authorized, for profit, live release with a periscope video shouldn't pass your smell-test either.

Take a deep breathe my fellow fan, it's not that big a deal that we see things differently. Certainly, no need to lose your mind over it or get your philosophical knickers in a knot.

Just now, enriquediaz said:

The comparison between an authorized, for profit, live release with a periscope video shouldn't pass your smell-test either.

Take a deep breathe my fellow fan, it's not that big a deal that we see things differently. Certainly, no need to lose your mind over it or get your philosophical knickers in a knot.

Knickers are where they should be, I am sipping tea in my back yard and enjoying a fine sunny day.  Just because we don't agree doesn't mean the other party has higher blood pressure than the other.

Taking things down to the personal level, though, shows you're intellectual tank is dry.  We will simply have to agree to disagree.