Can I sell 4 GA tix that are credit card entry?

• Subscriber

Long time fan but first time poster here.  I have 4 GA tickets for the Philly show, and I just discovered that I can't attend the show.  They are credit card entry, and I will not be able to meet anyone there to swipe them in.  However, the debit card I used is from a bank account that I no longer use, so it is no longer valid.  Per an email conversation that I had with Ticketmaster Customer Support, this is still the card I need to show at entry.  I don't know if the Linc will require photo ID, but I figured someone in this forum would know.  I paid a total of $364.55 for the tickets, and would sell them for $380, which is what I paid plus the cost for me to FedEx you the credit card.  Again - I don't even know if this is possible, but figured this was the right spot to ask.  I hate to miss this show, but I also hate to see these tickets go to waste!  

• Subscriber

Yes it is possible. You just need to send the inactive CC for entry. I sold tickets I could not use and it was easy for the person who bought them. I gave the purchaser a copy of my ticketmaster receipt and a scan of my drivers license because I wanted him to feel at ease. 

I have yet to go to a show that required ID - there are simply too many people in the GA lines to do it.

Hope this helps!!

Edited by laytron
  • Subscriber
27 minutes ago, stevengupta said:

So could someone cancel the card they used to buy the tickets and send a buyer the card?

Yes more so, go look at broker sites some purchased with 'gift card' and just send the card.. 

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, laytron said:

Yes it is possible. You just need to send the inactive CC for entry. I sold tickets I could not use and it was easy for the person who bought them. I gave the purchaser a copy of my ticketmaster receipt and a scan of my drivers license because I wanted him to feel at ease. 

I have yet to go to a show that required ID - there are simply too many people in the GA lines to do it.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks for the info!

• Subscriber

Ok I have a similar issue. I had wanted to transfer the tickets to a friend but per TM transfers are not allowed. I then tried TM verified resell and was told these tickets were not eligible. I was coming from out of state to the Miami show but am unable to do so now. I am not looking to make a profit I just want someone else to either be able to use my tickets or to cancel them. I've always been able to trade fan club tickets before what's he issue now? Need help and advice! 

• Subscriber
On 6/1/2017 at 9:56 AM, robie_s said:

Ok I have a similar issue. I had wanted to transfer the tickets to a friend but per TM transfers are not allowed. I then tried TM verified resell and was told these tickets were not eligible. I was coming from out of state to the Miami show but am unable to do so now. I am not looking to make a profit I just want someone else to either be able to use my tickets or to cancel them. I've always been able to trade fan club tickets before what's he issue now? Need help and advice! 

I think you will need to do what is mentioned above. Call your CC company and ask for a new card and new number. I guess you could make something up like you think your number might be stolen. Then give that card to the buyer of the tickets. I assume that person would be able to swipe that card and gain entry.