The pre-song of the gig during decades

• Subscriber

U2 have always been aware of how to start a gig (from running to the stage in Red Rocks, those times all bands really did run to the stage, it looks so utterly sweet nowadays). I would like to ask your experiences and feelings of the starter... they do not really have a warm-up band of their quality it is impossible but the show starter song is interesting. I have not been able to see all tours so also curious HOW did they start and do you remember, was there an intro at the original JT tour I cannot recall I think there was not??

And if someone has a list of all the intro songs as starters I would love it!

I guess my favorite so far has been Major Tom with the clock and with the space ship.  

• Community Moderator

ZooTV was "Television, the Drug of The Nation" by Disposable Heroes of Hiphopriscy 

Popmart was "Pop Musik"

Elevation was "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

Vertigo was....what was that song called.... just kidding. "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire

360 was "Soon" then "Space Oddity"

ie was "People Have the Power"

current JT "Rainy Night in Soho" by the Pogues 

Why I remember this all, I don't know. Wish I could remember my grocery lists this well. :P

• Subscriber

Always my favourite. Just a time in life I guess as a younger person. The stage on that tour just ...well, it's just U2....every stage thereafter and before.;) Popmusik equally, thought the 90's tours captured them blissfully.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On June 2, 2017 at 9:24 AM, mich40 said:

ZooTV was "Television, the Drug of The Nation" by Disposable Heroes of Hiphopriscy 

Popmart was "Pop Musik"

Elevation was "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

Vertigo was....what was that song called.... just kidding. "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire

360 was "Soon" then "Space Oddity"

ie was "People Have the Power"

current JT "Rainy Night in Soho" by the Pogues 

Why I remember this all, I don't know. Wish I could remember my grocery lists this well. :P

Definitely "Wake Up" for me.  That song was so perfect to kick off the set.  Awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Wake Up ... the first tour I really did a mini groupie thing and stood up clapping each night when it came on.  Hopefully Arcade Fire are back to normal wonderfulness this fall on tour. They got a little stagey for me with Reflector.

• Subscriber

As they get closer to Dublin on this tour Id love them to reflect on the Dubs of 87 and do ' Dirty Olde Town' - but they won't!