Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
meganbslc

GA LINE SAN DIEGO

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Some people like to think about and plan things far in advance, especially if they are excited about it. No problem in that at all. 

Of course!! Planning is also part of the trip and creates great expectation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mich40 said:

Some people like to think about and plan things far in advance, especially if they are excited about it. No problem in that at all. 

Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never been in GA, this will be my first time and I want to guarantee that I will be as close to the stage as possible, so I think I will spend the whole day there in line; but what happens if I need to go the restroom or buy some food, will the people around would hold my place? haha I'm very concerned about that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jaureguigerardo said:

Never been in GA, this will be my first time and I want to guarantee that I will be as close to the stage as possible, so I think I will spend the whole day there in line; but what happens if I need to go the restroom or buy some food, will the people around would hold my place? haha I'm very concerned about that.

Hahaha I had the same concerns the first time I did a GA line. The GA line queue itself is a great experience by itself. The fans that queue are great, nice and very respectful. You will feel surrounded by friends even if you don't know them. You can leave the queue for some time, but not too much. You will not have to worry for your spot if you are going to the restroom or to buy food.

I strongly recommend reading Joe Ahorro's GA Guide, it is great and very useful.

http://onlineonthehorizon.com/ga-guide/ 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2017 at 2:59 PM, Chori said:

Hahaha I had the same concerns the first time I did a GA line. The GA line queue itself is a great experience by itself. The fans that queue are great, nice and very respectful. You will feel surrounded by friends even if you don't know them. You can leave the queue for some time, but not too much. You will not have to worry for your spot if you are going to the restroom or to buy food.

I strongly recommend reading Joe Ahorro's GA Guide, it is great and very useful.

http://onlineonthehorizon.com/ga-guide/ 

Thank you for your advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2017 at 9:23 PM, Soullikeaguitar said:

We are talking about it now because we want the experience to go smoothly. Looking forward to meeting you guys while waiting in line.

when do you expect the line location details and specifics to be posted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tdanderson said:

when do you expect the line location details and specifics to be posted?

All venues are different, I dont know if Qualcomm will post specific info or not.  The Rose Bowl didn't post anything until literally the night before, hopefully Qualcomm will do better.  Here are some links, no info yet:

https://www.sandiego.gov/event/u2-joshua-tree-tour-2017

https://www.sandiego.gov/stadium

You could try calling the stadium directly, I may try that soon:   

https://www.sandiego.gov/stadium/about/contact

Edited by zoomcat
undo a link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, zoomcat said:

All venues are different, I dont know if Qualcomm will post specific info or not.  The Rose Bowl didn't post anything until literally the night before, hopefully Qualcomm will do better.  Here are some links, no info yet:

https://www.sandiego.gov/event/u2-joshua-tree-tour-2017

https://www.sandiego.gov/stadium

You could try calling the stadium directly, I may try that soon:   

https://www.sandiego.gov/stadium/about/contact

at the Rose Bowl, they met up at a Starbucks down the road the night before. We got our wristbands there and then at around 6am on the day of the show, we all headed over the the Rose Bowl and got into line according to our numbers. They did not allow the line to stay over night so that's why it moved off site. Security was briefed and in on the plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tdanderson said:

at the Rose Bowl, they met up at a Starbucks down the road the night before. We got our wristbands there and then at around 6am on the day of the show, we all headed over the the Rose Bowl and got into line according to our numbers. They did not allow the line to stay over night so that's why it moved off site. Security was briefed and in on the plan. 

Yeah I know about that.  Except that the "official" statements from the Rose Bowl (i.e, the GA email that everyone got friday night, just hours before the line up was "supposed" to start) didn't jive with what actually happened; in other words, the "official" email said nothing about this "secret" Starbucks meeting place.  I knew about it because I know where to look for these types of things, however, many did not.   No matter, it didn't affect us because we got in line late in the day. 

I guess what I'm saying is that depending on the venue, there is the "official" word, and then there is the "secret" fan sign in process.  Sometimes the venue works with the fans, sometimes not, and some are advertised better than others.  Another example is the LA Forum shows on the SOI tour where the Forum took complete control and ran their own system that totally eliminated any fan system.  It was by far the most fair and best run (and easiest) GA experience I've ever had. 

So who knows what will happen with Qualcomm, or when we'll find out.  But I haven't heard anything.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...