Stubhub Tickets for new dates

tl_mash

• Subscriber

I went online to preview the stage location so I could purchase my presale tickets. I was surprised when I noticed StubHub and Vivid tickets is already selling tickets these range from $150 to about $2000. The presale is not suppose to happen till  Thursday June 8, 2017. Basically what gives?

• Community Manager
11 hours ago, tl_mash said:

I went online to preview the stage location so I could purchase my presale tickets. I was surprised when I noticed StubHub and Vivid tickets is already selling tickets these range from $150 to about $2000. The presale is not suppose to happen till  Thursday June 8, 2017. Basically what gives?

Fake tickets

• Subscriber

Ticket brokers suck! They're gambling they'll get the tickets. If not, they'll move you to a different seat, refund you, or just totally screw you over. Not worth it! Should be criminalized. I'd never encourage these scum by buying their tickets from secondary market sites. I'd only get tickets when they initially go on sale. If I miss out I've always been able to get them from ticket drops, or spares from other forum members.

• Subscriber

Thank you, I went back to view these sights again early this morning and they are selling tickets on the promise of they will have them and state they will be in the listed sections or compreable(I believe these are the season ticket holders and Jackson co residents who are promising  their tickets for sale knowing they will have access to good seats). Our news here did say presale was to start on Thursday for fans then Friday at 11am for Jackson co Residents (this is where the stadium is located and their taxes paid for construction of it (so they always get Chiefs and Royals tickets first (I did not relize it would include concerts) and have to appear in person and prove they are residents) and 12pm for Chiefs and Corperate season football ticket holders(the Season ticket holder presale can only buy lower, upper and club level). Being one of the wires group because I did not pay for a membership before the end of December I will be competing with the Jackson Co residents(but they have to appear in person at the stadium) and season ticket holders at 12pm on Friday at the same time my presale starts(we can all only purchase 4 tickets but unsure if they have the same requirement for entrance). KCTV 5 news stated only fan club members can buy floor seats and I am wondering if seating will be provided in the general admin area for those with handicaps, as my husband will be attending with me and can not stand for hours at a time and has a service connected disability.  I always understood GA was standing room only and thought this was going to be that way at Arrowhead.

I wish that U2 would have considered Speedway NASCAR track in Kansas City KS because Rockfest was there last week and parking is ample. The same night as the concert the Royals are playing next door at Kauffman Stadium and they share parking. The news has said that they are working on the parking issue but this will be interesting. Parking also cost a premium at the sport complex(last time I checked it was $35-$70 dollars on game days) while at the NASCAR track is surrounded by fields and fields of parking at no cost. Maybe you can suggest this for future concerts if they tour in the Midwest again. 

I am really happy to be attending because I was one of the fans when dates were released who asked the fan club to request U2 come to Kansas City.

Teresa

• Subscriber

Quite often there are a few different presales going on. Obviously there's always the u2.com members presale, but there can be other presales, such as the venue presale for season ticket holders & sponsors presales. Each presale has it's own ticket allocation. They don't offer every seat in the venue, often not offering the best seats. I believe on past tours only the u2.com presale offered GA tickets.

So you won't be competing with the venues presale, as I said they'll have different allocations. I'd believe that u2.com should have better seats, & more of them. 

• Subscriber

Thank you for your info it does help to know what is going on when purchasing tickets. I did read on our local news station only U2 fans will have access to the general admission seats (I always thought GA was standing room only) tickets, has this changed. I really would like to know before Friday's presale for KC. It is nice to know we will have access to seats!

• Subscriber

You are right in your thinking that GA is standing room only (as is the Red Zone). Sometimes the GA tickets actually have a seat number, confusing the issue. But this is only for accounting purposes, & for fire codes. GA are most definitely standing room only tickets. They are also my favourite, nothing beats the energy of GA!

In any case, whether it's for the presale or the general sale, buying tickets can be stressful. Tickets go very quickly for high demand concerts (especially as you're competing against the scalpers). You've got to be on the ball, attempt to get tickets as soon as they go on sale, & know how to navigate around the ticketmaster site. So I'd offer this advice (although I haven't bought tickets on the US ticketmaster site in a few years).

- If you're not already a member, sign up to ticketmaster EARLY. You'll have to be signed up to buy tickets. It's much better to do it days in advance, not during the purchase process, when you'll be stressed, in a rush, & the website may crash due to demand. Your details, like email, address etc. will be registered with ticketmaster, so you won't have to enter them again during the purchase process.

- Learn your way around the ticketmaster site. Do a few dummy runs, pretending to purchase tickets. That way you'll get the hang of buying tickets, choosing tickets by type, price, section, using the filter to remove verified reseller tickets (scalping) etc.

-Print out a copy of the seat map, you can refer to it if required. Also write down your presale code.

On the morning of the sale;

- Be prepared, log in to ticketmaster early.

- COPY your presale code. The code is long, it's much easier to copy & paste it into the relevant field, than type it out.

- Use timeanddate.com, or a similar site. You need to know the EXACT time.

- Log in to u2.com. Visit the TOUR page. There should be a link for your presale. Tickets won't he available yet.

- Go to the linked presale page for your venue on ticketmaster. It will say tickets aren't available yet.

- EXACTLY at the time the presale begins, REFRESH the website, tickets should now be available.

Good luck.

EDIT: Forgot to say, along with using the desktop site, also install the app on your phone or tablet. Some people have said they're having more success getting tickets on the app than on the desktop site.

Archived