mauxditty

• Subscriber

Hi all,

Thankfully I was able to buy my four presale tickets for Kansas City. The original email announcing the new dates says: "There will be a 4 ticket limit for subscriber purchases and a 6 ticket limit commencing with public sales.". And yet all the FAQ makes it sound like it's four tickets MAX per person.

My question is -- if I bought 4 pre-sale tickets, can I buy 2 more during the general public sale on Monday? And then all six of us enter together on one credit card? 

• Community Moderator
2 hours ago, mauxditty said:

Hi all,

Thankfully I was able to buy my four presale tickets for Kansas City. The original email announcing the new dates says: "There will be a 4 ticket limit for subscriber purchases and a 6 ticket limit commencing with public sales.". And yet all the FAQ makes it sound like it's four tickets MAX per person.

My question is -- if I bought 4 pre-sale tickets, can I buy 2 more during the general public sale on Monday? And then all six of us enter together on one credit card? 

Call TM - they should be able to make this clear...

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Max Tsukino said:

Call TM - they should be able to make this clear...

I've already talked to TM who were perfectly vague and clearly didn't really know for sure. Then I spent two hours on hold with u2.com. I've tweeted every ticketing agency and venue, emailed U2.com, googled..... was hoping the experienced members here could help me based on pasts experiences. still seeking an answer ...

• Subscriber

I don't know though.  We found this (on Ticketmaster) last week re: Cleveland show:

Ticket Limits

There is a 4 ticket limit during presale, 6 for the 1st day of public onsale, and no limit after. Ticket limit is 10 for purchases made during presale and the 1st day of public onsale.

so, that's the opposite of what you guys are saying.  I sort of assumed the policy would be the same for other venues (if not the numbers), but it may be specific to Cleveland.  At any rate, the ticket limits are all PER SHOW, correct?  So on presale I bought 2 each to STL and Indy, and intend to buy 4 in KC later today so that shouldn't be a problem?

• Subscriber
On 6/10/2017 at 2:47 AM, x3driver said:

I had four from the presale and then two more from the general sale for the same show. So six all together. That was always my understanding of the ticket max. No issues. 

@x3driver Thank you SO much, that's the most helpful thing I've heard. Appreciate it!

• Subscriber

Great news, everyone. U2.com finally got back to me. Here is their response to my exact question above:

My sincere apologies for the late response. I'm sorry for the confusion. Yes, you can buy two more tickets on Monday during the public onsale.

• Community Manager
8 minutes ago, mauxditty said:

Great news, everyone. U2.com finally got back to me. Here is their response to my exact question above:

My sincere apologies for the late response. I'm sorry for the confusion. Yes, you can buy two more tickets on Monday during the public onsale.

thanks for the updates, much appreciated

• Subscriber
On 6/9/2017 at 7:11 PM, mauxditty said:

I've already talked to TM who were perfectly vague and clearly didn't really know for sure. Then I spent two hours on hold with u2.com. I've tweeted every ticketing agency and venue, emailed U2.com, googled..... was hoping the experienced members here could help me based on pasts experiences. still seeking an answer ...

Sadly, this has been my experience with U2 ticketing specifically for this tour, and more generally for all past tours since LiveNation took over their touring business on the 360 tour.

There's no official channel to ever reach a representative of U2 to ask a question.  Ticketmaster provides one set of answers.  LiveNation provides an entirely different set of answers.  The venue provides yet another set of answers.  Worst of all, no one takes responsibility for anything, so if you end up with an issue and genuinely require assistance, there's no one that can help.

This is not how ticketing or a fan club should be run.  I'm not saying they're better musicians, but the Dave Matthews Band has a better fanclub - they take full responsibility for ticket sales and if you have a question, you can actually talk to a human being who has the knowledge and authority to answer it.

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, vertigojds said:

Sadly, this has been my experience with U2 ticketing specifically for this tour, and more generally for all past tours since LiveNation took over their touring business on the 360 tour.

There's no official channel to ever reach a representative of U2 to ask a question.  Ticketmaster provides one set of answers.  LiveNation provides an entirely different set of answers.  The venue provides yet another set of answers.  Worst of all, no one takes responsibility for anything, so if you end up with an issue and genuinely require assistance, there's no one that can help.

This is not how ticketing or a fan club should be run.  I'm not saying they're better musicians, but the Dave Matthews Band has a better fanclub - they take full responsibility for ticket sales and if you have a question, you can actually talk to a human being who has the knowledge and authority to answer it.

as people have posted here , 4 in presales, 2 in general sale, 6 total.