Sign in to follow this  
illumination70

Where were you when "The Joshua Tree" first came out?

I was wondering where were you when the "The Joshua Tree" was released thirty years ago?  As for me, I was your typical, American teenage girl getting ready to complete her first year of High School.  I also remember hearing a report of  a couple of guys suffering coronaries along the Bloomsday12k race  course (One survived and the other didn't) and being green with envy when my classmates returned from seeing U2 in concert over in Tacoma.

Enough about me, where were you when the Joshua Tree album was released?

9 years old and oblivious to U2.

It wasn't until around 1989 when Rattle and Hum songs were getting airplay that I heard of them and started liking them.

21 hours ago, Grande 3:16 said:

9 years old and oblivious to U2.

It wasn't until around 1989 when Rattle and Hum songs were getting airplay that I heard of them and started liking them.

Right on, I remember doing a film report for one of my high school classes on "Rattle & Hum"!!

I was at high school and the only person I knew who liked U2 or who had heard any of their music besides Pride.

I was a college freshman in rural New England. It got a lot of airplay on the college radio station that spring.

working, painting an apartment. I had broken up with a girlfriend but we were still friends.  With or without you comes on the radio. The song always takes me back to that moment in time. I can still smell the paint. 

5 hours ago, nyru2 said:

working, painting an apartment. I had broken up with a girlfriend but we were still friends.  With or without you comes on the radio. The song always takes me back to that moment in time. I can still smell the paint. 

Right  on "With or Without You" was the title of my older brother's High School Prom before he graduated!!