Throwing Things..................

gary-paul

I was watching The U2 Go Home dvd other day and (i had seen this before) during 'All I Want Is You' someone threw water oVer Bono and he says back'All i want is fucking you' - the same during EleVation dVd when they're 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' you can see someone throw something at Bonoand he had to dodge it then he stick's his fingers up to say a quick Fuck You to the idiot who threw it at him - does this (as it does me) piss you off ??ok i agree it's great to get their attention but do 'some' morons haVe to throw things ?? surely there are better way's of grabbing attentionfrom Bono etc...than trying to HURT them or shower them in what they might think is PISS it happens at a lot of gig's and i gotta say if someone neXt to medid it i'd probably slap them - a friend of mine was at a gig by depeche mode on their last ANGEL tour and some git threw something oVer Gahan (who gotreally really pissed off) and stopped singing.

Imagine this - your at at U2 gig, 1'st song in some MORON throws something - it strikes Bono ( Edge OR Adam) OR if they're a really good shot Larry andthe show has to be stopped and it ends !!! would you be PISSED OFF !!??

Hmmmmm..... just a thought...

Could you imagine being the guy who threw it after the concert was ended early? 39,999 against 1. That's a mob i wouldnt want to face.

Seriously though. Throwing stuff at the band should be grounds for criminal charges. Not only is it assualt but if the band ended early because of it thepossibility of a riot would be huge.

Stupid behaviour. Worthy of BI#*H SLAPS.

gary paul wrote:

I was watching The U2 Go Home dvd other day and (i had seen this before) during 'All I Want Is You' someone threw water oVer Bono and he says back 'All i want is fucking you' - the same during EleVation dVd when they're 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' you can see someone throw something at Bono and he had to dodge it then he stick's his fingers up to say a quick Fuck You to the idiot who threw it at him - does this (as it does me) piss you off ?? ok i agree it's great to get their attention but do 'some' morons haVe to throw things ?? surely there are better way's of grabbing attention from Bono etc...than trying to HURT them or shower them in what they might think is PISS it happens at a lot of gig's and i gotta say if someone neXt to me did it i'd probably slap them - a friend of mine was at a gig by depeche mode on their last ANGEL tour and some git threw something oVer Gahan (who got really really pissed off) and stopped singing.

Imagine this - your at at U2 gig, 1'st song in some MORON throws something - it strikes Bono ( Edge OR Adam) OR if they're a really good shot Larry and the show has to be stopped and it ends !!! would you be PISSED OFF !!??

Hmmmmm..... just a thought...

I would certainly be agitated.

May I offer some experiences as an example. If so, I'll start with the time I was attending a 38 Special concert in Omaha, Nebraska...they were theheadliner, back in the late 80's they were doing big arena shows like that...this one at the Civic Center there in Omaha. So I am positioned directly infront of their lead singer/guitar player Donny Barnes(good memory for names on my part, yer' welcomewink.gif) and some jackass fanboy whips a tennis shoe upside Donny's cheek, and Iain't talkin' butt. Man, in all my years of shows to that point...I'd never seen a prefessional rock star just simply put...shut it down. Yep, hestopped mid-verse looked out at the guy and said to the crowd as he pointed at the dumbass that had thrown the shoe and said "We came here to play foryou, if that's what you all want from us, we'd be glad to oblige, but if another shoe comes up onstage...we go home"...end-o subject, is what Iremember thinkin', and I specifically remember seeing security detaining the nutjob that tried to ruin the show for everyone.

It gets better...I was also in Omaha for a David Lee Roth concert...great time. Cinderella opened and they were especially big-haired, but they rocked, andI'll never forget their guitar player's zany throw the guitar around his body and back again stunts. But I digress...anyways, DLR is up on stagenearing the end of his set...as I remember they were a little over two-thirds of the way into their set when some derelict throws a lighter up on stage andwhacks Billy Sheehan(Dave's bass player on that tour) right upside the head. Man, I'll never forget Roth's face...he went from showman...tobar-brawler...in like a nano-second...anyways, Dave stopped the song in its tracks, and looked out at the jerk that had been so impressive in his chosenbehaviour. Dave looks right at him, sez' he's (the jerk) lucky he don't come out into the audience and kick his scrawny ass, but it gets better,then he said "aw, screw it, I'll just f*&K his girlfriend after the show...and in the same breath, turned around and said to the band "hitit" and they picked up the song right exactly where they had stopped...amazing talent...course, Steve Vai was the guitar player on that tour...nuf'said, if I don't say so myself.

Don't throw sh*t at concerts, unless your ready to be fed to the lions. Good advice, don't ya' think?

TheHanginChadssmokin.gif

People are morons I tell ya. Why in the hell would any one do that? Its so stupid! There are other ways to get the ands attention then that. HEY BONO LOOK ATME! -trows a bottle- Yeah you'll get attention from that but not the attention you want, in less you like being flipped off or cussed at or mob by millionsof people. I've seen alot of that at concerts I have been too, I wouldn't blame the band for leaving because of something like that. One Moron can ruinit all for all. Been there done that.

Also mobbing at the band brothers me why I say this is because I literally was almost mobbed to death by a coward of people at a show I went to, trying to getto the band I was seeing as I was trying to get away, good part that came out of that is I was grabbed by the lead singer, and pulled between the gates he asat and the gates were were closed and cops came out. I got to meet the band and first thing that came out of the lead singers mouth was " thank you fornot mobbing, and being respectful to us" got autographs, a kiss, and some band aids.

The bands come to play for us no need to be disrespectful to them or the people seeing them ( inless the person does something to the band ;) ), people aremorons sometimes.

gary paul wrote:

Imagine this - your at at U2 gig, 1'st song in some MORON throws something - it strikes Bono ( Edge OR Adam) OR if they're a really good shot Larry and the show has to be stopped and it ends !!! would you be PISSED OFF !!??

If a guy like my pal Mr. Mensa did at a Liberace concert when he threw a pair of boxers on the stage....if he did that at a U2 show...what wouldBono have to say about that?

gary paul wrote:

OR if they're a really good shot Larry and the show has to be stopped and it ends !!!

Ha ha, they'd have to be a very good shot, although, he's not a moving target. At least he has sticks to hit them away.

I'd say if one guy did prematurally end the show because they decided to throw something, each fan would fall silent and beat the living crap out of them.Who goes to a U2 gig (or any gig for that matter) as a fan and tries to hurt their idol?

I saw Oasis at Finsbury Park - bottles were so violently thrown that we had to find one of the few trees and use it as protection!

I had words with one guy (early in the day) who didn't throw from not far behind me (and it splatted me with 'whatever') and the chap I was datingsuddenly blended in with the crowd. 30 mins later the lad who I'd had words with appeared with a pint for me, an apology and tried to chat me up! Was aweird day!

Nevertheless, I dont think they'll ever end concert because he got p***** off at only one person. They'd always take in consideration that it's oneperson who threw vs. other 40 000 that paid for that concert and want to hear and see it entirely.

Nevertheless, I dont think they'll ever end concert because he got p***** off at only one person. They'd always take in consideration that it's oneperson who threw vs. other 40 000 that paid for that concert and want to hear and see it entirely.