Total run time- Opening band to encore

t_judson1972

• Subscriber

Hi- Coming from NYC to Philly for show and want to get an idea of run time for show as I'll be taking train.

What's the experience been like? Philly has a 7P time listed on tix.

Also- I may have an extra GA ticket- it's credit card entry- so if anyone is interested let me know. Perhaps meet up there- face value of course, but I am not planning on getting there super early and waiting on line. Have done that many times in the past and no longer have the patience for that!

Thanks

• Subscriber

I'm also hoping to do a NYC to Philly trip for the show.  (I'm not sure if I can make the show, but since I am unable to return, sell, transfer, trade or give away my ticket, I'd rather attempt to go than lose $90 for not using the ticket.)

So far on this current tour, and on previous U2 tours, the opening act will be onstage the moment the ticket start time is printed for.  So I believe we'll see The Lumineers walking onstage at exactly 7pm.  They will likely play for 30-45 minutes.

For other nights this tour that had a 7pm start, people have been reporting that the band comes out at about 8:40pm.  The show runs 21 songs on most nights, which translates into about 2 hours; at the most, it could run about 2 hours and 15 minutes if they stretch out the talking and encore breaks.  I expect that the band will be offstage sometime around 10:50pm - 11:00pm.

How are you planning on getting back to NYC?  I don't have a car so am dependent on public transportation.  I think there's zero chance that I'd be able to make it from the venue to the Greyhound station for the 11:35pm bus back, and the next bus is 2:05am.  There's a 12:10pm Amtrak train to NYC, but I'm also concerned about getting there in time, and the Amtrak price is about $80 for a one way (it's about $10 on Greyhound).  So none of those options sound particularly appealing to me.  Have you found something better that I've missed?

• Subscriber

Thanks for the info on times.

Yeah, it sounds like we're in the exact same boat. While I appreciate U2 (or whoever) using this credit card entry system to try and thwart scalpers, it still feels like you're screwing the fan- making no allowances for change in plans, etc. Would have been nice if a system were devised in which you could sell the fan club tix to other members of U2.com. But anyway...

I'm also reliant on public transpo out of NYC. I havent come across any better options than Amtrak or the bus. I may do some combo of bus down and train back to cut cost a little. And I may have to bow out of the show a little early.

I've never been a big fan of U2 at stadiums. I will always prefer their shows at arenas and while I get they want to play for the largest number of people possible I'm betting that these shows would work better in that setting. But maybe I'm biased because MSG is a 10 minute subway ride away!

Good luck to you!