Presale questions for new dates Sept / Oct 2017 (merged)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Chuckver2 said:

Bought 1 ga for Detroit then went to order 2 more tickets but the website said the sale is restricted I only bought 1 ticket I should be able to buy up to three more.  Talked to Ford Field customer service said you can only use the presell code once on there site.  called U2.com they said they are working on it?  Will call me back? Pre sale will be over soon...?

I bought 2 GA.  Can't get anymore with the presale code.  Frustrating because I want 2 more tickets.

• Subscriber

So before the show does TM give you some kind of paper version of your ticket to print out and carry to the show?  I know you still have to have your CCard to verify against it when entering, but just curious since i've never experienced this system before.

Also, I noticed that individual $290 face value tickets have started to show up on craigslist for $750+  Not that it affects me, thanks to the presale but....dang!  It's like the change in perceived value when you buy a car and drive it off the lot... except this time it's the opposite! lol.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, lonewolf40 said:

So before the show does TM give you some kind of paper version of your ticket to print out and carry to the show?  I know you still have to have your CCard to verify against it when entering, but just curious since i've never experienced this system before.

Also, I noticed that individual $290 face value tickets have started to show up on craigslist for $750+  Not that it affects me, thanks to the presale but....dang!  It's like the change in perceived value when you buy a car and drive it off the lot... except this time it's the opposite! lol.

Yes, once they scan your CC at the gate they give you a paper copy of where your seats are.

Detriot is mailing tickets though from the email we got after purchasing them.

• Community Moderator

Not sure if you have seats or GA, but in Chicago for GA, they scan your card right at the entrance gate and give you a wristband, no printout.

Also, could you please send me a link to the Craigslist listings via private message.

• Subscriber
Just now, Nawlins said:

Yes, once they scan your CC at the gate they give you a paper copy of where your seats are.

Detriot is mailing tickets though from the email we got after purchasing them.

Adding to this, if its CC entry, to the venue all you bring is your CC and drivers license.  Its also a good idea to bring a printout of your purchase confirmation from Ticketmaster showing the order number (just in case there is some sort of problem upon entering).

• Subscriber
Just now, zoomcat said:

Adding to this, if its CC entry, to the venue all you bring is your CC and drivers license.  Its also a good idea to bring a printout of your purchase confirmation from Ticketmaster showing the order number (just in case there is some sort of problem upon entering).

Yep or have the ticketmaster app on your phone. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, zoomcat said:

This is a great point.  Definitely a good idea to print out your TM receipt and bring it just in case.  At one show they had to swipe my card about 10 times before it finally read it successfully.  If your card can't be read for whatever reason you would need to go to the box office to get a paper ticket and having your receipt would make that process a whole lot easier I'm sure.