Sign in to follow this  
mike_bain

Presale questions for new dates Sept / Oct 2017 (merged)

Just now, ariespf1234 said:

I am new to all of this too. Is it true that new subscribers can only use their codes on the second day of presales? I heard that old subscribers have first dibs when the presale begins

basically yes... from the FAQ:

Q - How do I know what presale priority group I am?
A - There are two groups of subscribers taking part in the presale and the email you receive with your presale code indicates which group you are in.

Our 'Red Hill Group' of longtime subscribers (those who were current, paid-up subscribers on 24Dec, 2016, have access from the first day of the presale. Your unique presale access code will have a prefix of U2JTA...

Our 'Wires Group', who joined as new subscribers or upgraded an expired account after the release of the MerryChrsitmas video on 25 Dec, 2016, enter early on the second day. Your unique presale access code will have a prefix of U2JTB..

13 minutes ago, lulu15 said:

Got my GA tix thru the general public sale.  Bye U2 dot com. 

Congrats! Just got GA for two more shows in general sale too, but these are stadium shows so that may have helped. For any future shows in arenas, could be tougher. Not ready to say bye to U2 dot com just yet. ☺

2 minutes ago, Buttercup1967 said:

Congrats! Just got GA for two more shows in general sale too, but these are stadium shows so that may have helped. For any future shows in arenas, could be tougher. Not ready to say bye to U2 dot com just yet. ☺

This is why the recommendation about never let your subscription lapse goes in effect... ;)

I got my 2 GA for San Diego 9/22 on general sale today. I'm very happy. Keeping my U2.com active for the SOE tour, hopefully will not be at these awful venues like the Rose Bowl.

1 hour ago, Buttercup1967 said:

Well, im stuck with them with 2 subscriptions for another year. Even tho i used a presale code, ticketmaster MADE me buy another subscription.  not happy with how this whole thing was handled and have never had a problem before.  Im a long time member and my loyalty was compromised.  I dont see the point anymore.  Congrats on your GA!  The only way to see u2!!

10 minutes ago, lulu15 said:

Well, im stuck with them with 2 subscriptions for another year. Even tho i used a presale code, ticketmaster MADE me buy another subscription.  not happy with how this whole thing was handled and have never had a problem before.  Im a long time member and my loyalty was compromised.  I dont see the point anymore.  Congrats on your GA!  The only way to see u2!!

lulu15, this feeling will pass, and, when the presale happens for a new arena tour, and you're in the first set of presales, you'll be happy, and fully back in! "Time and love, nothing heals like time and love."

14 minutes ago, Doah said:

lulu15, this feeling will pass, and, when the presale happens for a new arena tour, and you're in the first set of presales, you'll be happy, and fully back in! "Time and love, nothing heals like time and love."

LOL!  You are a true U2 fan and so am I.  This will take some time! 

Thank you!!!

On 6/8/2017 at 2:11 AM, badsilver said:

This....not to complain but yeah....I mean I get it....but even after two days of presales for new peeps I would think a new leg should allow for more codes for older members - after newer members get a shot?. Selfish mean me: where were these new members in january?! :)  we were here sweating out the process....but suddenly they sign up and get first dibs. Booo. Again, I get it...same number of tickets for all but i swear they gave new codes for new legs for 360...okay I'm gonna take my ungrateful butt to bed now haha. Grateful though for amazing mods here - the best there is! 

Grateful was able to get some platinum seats through U2.com after being excluded from presales because we exceeded limit.  We a U2 family it's like what kid doesn't get to eat cuz only so much tix can be purchased ?  Totally agree, the whole fan presale codes is wonky!  Happy to be seeing the guys again in our local San Diego!! Going to be great!! Hope it tops Pasadena ???