Jump to content

Presale questions for new dates Sept / Oct 2017 (merged)


mike_bain

Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber

So regarding the Sept 22 San Diego show, right now Stubhub and vividseats (just as an example) have piles of tickets available, but only scalped prices vs. normal ticket prices. ($175 nosebleed seats, up to $2,750 red zone)

Question is, if tickets aren't on sale to the public until Monday the 12th....how are they already available on these ticket sites? 

 Does TM/live nation have some kind of agreement where something like 30% of tickets are public access, and the rest are wholesaled off to sister sites for an additional commission bulk blocks of seats?  This is all new to me overall.  1st show I went to was PopMart in Chicago and got my tix through the Propoganda newsletter without a problem, then years later wife surprised me with tix to Rose Bowl 360 show and those were online/public purchase and nosebleed face value seats.

I subscribed to the site and hoping the early presale code (if it still shows up within the next day) isn't a bust and all I find are $150+ tix for the absolute highest rows in the stadium.  Should wires realistically be able to buy face value tickets for different seating sections, or should I just expect at best the $35 nosebleed seats and MAYBE a handful of the $75 GA seats to be around after the Red Hill group gets them tomorrow?  Just wondering what other members experiences has been with getting presale tickets through the site this tour.  Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Manager
Just now, lonewolf40 said:

So regarding the Sept 22 San Diego show, right now Stubhub and vividseats (just as an example) have piles of tickets available, but only scalped prices vs. normal ticket prices. ($175 nosebleed seats, up to $2,750 red zone)

Question is, if tickets aren't on sale to the public until Monday the 12th....how are they already available on these ticket sites? 

 Does TM/live nation have some kind of agreement where something like 30% of tickets are public access, and the rest are wholesaled off to sister sites for an additional commission bulk blocks of seats?  This is all new to me overall.  1st show I went to was PopMart in Chicago and got my tix through the Propoganda newsletter without a problem, then years later wife surprised me with tix to Rose Bowl 360 show and those were online/public purchase and nosebleed face value seats.

I subscribed to the site and hoping the early presale code (if it still shows up within the next day) isn't a bust and all I find are $150+ tix for the absolute highest rows in the stadium.  Should wires realistically be able to buy face value tickets for different seating sections, or should I just expect at best the $35 nosebleed seats and MAYBE a handful of the $75 GA seats to be around after the Red Hill group gets them tomorrow?  Just wondering what other members experiences has been with getting presale tickets through the site this tour.  Thanks!

fake tickets

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Moderator
Just now, lonewolf40 said:

So regarding the Sept 22 San Diego show, right now Stubhub and vividseats (just as an example) have piles of tickets available, but only scalped prices vs. normal ticket prices. ($175 nosebleed seats, up to $2,750 red zone)

Question is, if tickets aren't on sale to the public until Monday the 12th....how are they already available on these ticket sites? 

 Does TM/live nation have some kind of agreement where something like 30% of tickets are public access, and the rest are wholesaled off to sister sites for an additional commission bulk blocks of seats?  This is all new to me overall.  1st show I went to was PopMart in Chicago and got my tix through the Propoganda newsletter without a problem, then years later wife surprised me with tix to Rose Bowl 360 show and those were online/public purchase and nosebleed face value seats.

I subscribed to the site and hoping the early presale code (if it still shows up within the next day) isn't a bust and all I find are $150+ tix for the absolute highest rows in the stadium.  Should wires realistically be able to buy face value tickets for different seating sections, or should I just expect at best the $35 nosebleed seats and MAYBE a handful of the $75 GA seats to be around after the Red Hill group gets them tomorrow?  Just wondering what other members experiences has been with getting presale tickets through the site this tour.  Thanks!

those are not legit tickets...

There should be a good selection of tickets available for the Wires presale but have in mind that the demand is high... a realistic approach would be to grab the best selection possible, instead of trying to choose it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

those are not legit tickets...

There should be a good selection of tickets available for the Wires presale but have in mind that the demand is high... a realistic approach would be to grab the best selection possible, instead of trying to choose it...

I saw these too and wondered how they could be available. Seriously, thanks to all the moderators for answering questions. I will be so grateful if I get to see U2 just once in my lifetime.

Are the general admission tickets seated or is it standing space only?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tarynhurtado said:

I saw these too and wondered how they could be available. Seriously, thanks to all the moderators for answering questions. I will be so grateful if I get to see U2 just once in my lifetime.

Are the general admission tickets seated or is it standing space only?

It's pretty much what you can get. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Moderator
Just now, tarynhurtado said:

I saw these too and wondered how they could be available. Seriously, thanks to all the moderators for answering questions. I will be so grateful if I get to see U2 just once in my lifetime.

Are the general admission tickets seated or is it standing space only?

standing

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Max Tsukino said:

Codes have not been set yet... Once the codes are active you will receive a notification and they will appear on your profile and on the tours page...

 

please have patience...

Thanks for the info.  My presale is 24 hours away and, of course, no codes yet! LOL

When you say notification, do you mean via email?  I can't remember how it happened last time except the codes were crossed out and they they weren't.  Don't recall any communication (outside of helpful info on this board).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Moderator
Just now, matilde said:

Thanks for the info.  My presale is 24 hours away and, of course, no codes yet! LOL

When you say notification, do you mean via email?  I can't remember how it happened last time except the codes were crossed out and they they weren't.  Don't recall any communication (outside of helpful info on this board).

via email, but if it doesn't arrive (it can happen, sadly) it will be on your profile page and on the tours page...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

Ok so I bought 2 tickets for Chicago June 4 show and was thinking I could still get 2 more tickets (4 max) for new Sept/Oct shows after reading this under Tour FAQs on this site:

"Q - If someone has part-used their presale code in the leg 1 presales (for shows between May 12 and August 1), will they be able to use the rest of it on leg 2 presales (for shows in September and October)?
A - YES, up to a maximum of four tickets per subscriber."

Apparently this is not the case as I called U2.com support at 1-855-867-5297 and was told once the code is used that's it and I won't be getting another one.  This is very misleading, was the person I talked to on the phone wrong or is the FAQ answer above wrong?
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...