Presale questions for new dates Sept / Oct 2017 (merged)

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, james busick said:

Fair enough.  I'll trade the hours for a better view any day.  RZ has a great view for a small portion of the show, but not so great for most.

I was in Red Zone for Chicago 1 and was disappointed. Besides the number of bro-y drunks, the view of the B-stage was constantly obstructed by the camera crane.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I'm in the same boat..  I still have one ticket available with my presale code.  Trying to get a GA for San Diego but it's only unlocking expensive VIP/RED Zone.   I'll keep trying throughout the day and hope they resolve these presale code issues.

• Subscriber

remember that open letter Larry wrote years ago after they switched propaganda to ticketmaster.  that letter was awesome!  not the bands fault.  i'll wait and hope to get mine.  good luck ya'll !

\

• Subscriber
Just now, Original Hewson said:

They may know, but they haven't rectified the matter.

This is a colossal screw up.

The type that should have Larry writing another angry letter.

This a massive User Experience (UX) issue. If a code is completely used, it should either show as crossed out, or just not show up at all. They also need to be sure partially used codes read properly across all platforms. There is something SERIOUSLY wrong that we go through this sad dance on every single presale on every single tour. SO much love to Maxtuskino and BigWave and other mods for the HARD work they put in trying to help, but if LN/TM actually cared about more than $$$, they'd fix some very basic issues. I love U2 and will still go to shows, but this nonsense (and ever spiraling prices for the hassle) takes a whole lot of joy out of it all. :-(

• Subscriber

I just talked to Ticketmaster (the 800 653 8000 number) for 30 minutes and while they tried to help they said I had to talk to the fan club.  So here I am.  Still trying for just 1 GA to San Diego, and still only pulling RZ/VIP.  On 2 computers, 4 browsers, and the app on my phone.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

I understand that what I'm about to say it won't solve anything and in the end right now it may mean nothing: The people who can do something about this are working really hard to rectify this... apparently is not an easy issue, but be sure is not being left unattended...

I'm sure that's the case, but it's probably going to be fixed at some random time of the day, with no notice.  I'd rather they rescheduled the pre-sales at this point.

Edited by AchtungGuy
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

I understand that what I'm about to say it won't solve anything and in the end right now it may mean nothing: The people who can do something about this are working really hard to rectify this... apparently is not an easy issue, but be sure is not being left unattended...

ha ha!  I still have that letter.