Presale questions for new dates Sept / Oct 2017 (merged)

mike_bain

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, mike7man said:

That happens when many folks are trying to get tickets--I've seen it occur before (especially in regular onsales).  When traffic calms down, the (better) zoom thing will return.  Sucks, though--because it can (as it did with you) prevent/delay being able to do the zoom thing.

I just tested it on the NY site and can access and buy (but i'm not going to)  GA or regular seats, but it sucks that I can't actually SEE the seats I want to get.   It's weird though, I haven't been able to use the zoom feature since yesterday afternoon.  Granted, it was laggy af, but it DID work.   When I went to the stadium page, the stadium graphic flashed and was instantly the "interactive one."  

Since then, anytime I load the page, it's the generic graphic with the U2 stage layout and sections by color, etc.  (interactive is all gray with shades of blue indicating price per seat/section.  :-(

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

My code stopped working for presale tix in Detroit. It works for package still but I have been trying to get 4 good seat in presale. It says 

ERROR: This offer is currently restricted. Please make a different selection.

I have tried different browsers, deleting cache, a different computer, a different network, both wireless and LAN.

• Community Moderator
Just now, Whirlyball said:

My code stopped working for presale tix in Detroit. It works for package still but I have been trying to get 4 good seat in presale. It says 

ERROR: This offer is currently restricted. Please make a different selection.

I have tried different browsers, deleting cache, a different computer, a different network, both wireless and LAN.

Detroit is giving a few problems at the moment. Please wait for a bit...

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, lonewolf40 said:

I just tested it on the NY site and can access and buy (but i'm not going to)  GA or regular seats, but it sucks that I can't actually SEE the seats I want to get.   It's weird though, I haven't been able to use the zoom feature since yesterday afternoon.  Granted, it was laggy af, but it DID work.   When I went to the stadium page, the stadium graphic flashed and was instantly the "interactive one."  

Since then, anytime I load the page, it's the generic graphic with the U2 stage layout and sections by color, etc.  (interactive is all gray with shades of blue indicating price per seat/section.  :-(

Its totally dependent on traffic to the site. Allowing the zoom in map requires more data to/from the servers. That feature goes away when traffic is up.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, bigwave said:

yes, get it in writing also

Well, I got told two different things by Ticketmaster and U2.com   Ticketmaster said that if they came from same IP same address it is possible that they would be cancelled.  So they agreed to cancel order (since it was showing under wife's ticketmaster account) and now trying to decide if we will chance buying on pre sale at all or wait for general.  Called U2.com to verify eligibility (talked to Will) says its totally ok and to proceed without worrying with a new pre sale order.  AS LONG as you don't go over 4 tickets FOR THE SAME SHOW which we wouldn't.  Reiterated that each u2 membership account gets 4 tickets regardless of where you live etc.   We will use different credit card AND different ticketmaster account for them.  We will even use different IP address for order.  U2.com said there will be NO problem.  Thanks for the help BIGWAVE.  

Edited by barcelonagirl

• Subscriber

Trying to buy 4 tickets in Wire Group for Minneapolis.  Ticketmaster will only allow 4 if I buy another $50 subscription.  That's not right.  The ticket selection isn't great either  $165 to be in the top deck of the stadium? 

Edited by usamilo