Sign in to follow this  
PeterM1

Twickenham Support Act(s)

Got my tickets for the Saturday Twickenham show the other day. Interestingly it had the following paragraph...

Opening Times:

1630 - Doors open

1800 - 1830 - Support act 1 (TBC)

1900 - 2000 - Noel Gallagher & The High Flying Birds

2030 - 2230 - U2

Personally I'm quite looking forward to Noel Gallagher but do we really want another support act? Of course it could be a complete red herring

I would certainly like an additional support act, but I wasn't expecting there to be one...

2 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Wasn't expecting a second act! Hope it's someone good. Fingers semi-crossed for Elbow.

Definitely! Best support act EVER. Still remember them doing "One Day Like This" on the U2360 tour. Amazing. Although, what is the likelihood of TWO Manchester support acts? 

2 hours ago, PeterM1 said:

Definitely! Best support act EVER. Still remember them doing "One Day Like This" on the U2360 tour. Amazing. Although, what is the likelihood of TWO Manchester support acts? 

I agree, they were very good... I didn't even like that song until I saw them at Wembley, but the line "It's looking like a beautiful day" felt so appropriate for the occasion that I spontaneously got all emotional! Still brings back joyful memories whenever I hear it now.

3 hours ago, PeterM1 said:

I didn't see them on the 360 tour, but I've seen them at four of their own shows and in one festival headline slot and they are simply superb.

Bring back Keane or Stereo MC's - best supports in more recent years I've seen in States and UK.  Go back further and Waterboys and The Alarm were pretty good.

5 hours ago, passingstranger said:

Instant thoughts were Elbow too!!  

Sadly looks like it's not to be - they're playing Hyde Park with The Killers on 8th July. Was kind of gutted to see that, them followed by Noel followed by U2 would've been a dream.